News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Hasbro Will Lose JP License in 2017

Started by suspsy, July 18, 2016, 09:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

I think Mattel will do a great job on JW movie toys, but can they also do or will they make scientifically accurate dinos as well, to go with the movie toys? That would be awesome! :-)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

Well, that probably depends on how accurate the animals in the movies are. Of course they could always update the animals and claim that as the result of using less filler DNA. ( That presumbly would exclude animals like Blue or Rexy, who have more filler DNA ). Any claims about continuity problems caused by feathered Dinosaurs would also fall flat if this approach is used.

To quote Wu:
"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different"
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

I just hope they don't use this as an excuse to make the new Dino Riders shameless JP clones.

CarnegieCollector

I hope they include more human figures. I mean, for real, what's the fun of having Jurassic Park toys if you don't have people TO HAVE THEIR ORGANS TORN FROM THEIR BODIES, AND HAVE THEIR HEADS DECAPITATED AND FED TO PTERANODON HATCHLINGS!!!?

:)
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

docronnie

One thing is for sure with Mattel, their vehicles will surely be almost spot on and awesome!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: docronnie on November 16, 2016, 12:07:24 AM
One thing is for sure with Mattel, their vehicles will surely be almost spot on and awesome!  :)

True that!  :D
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Digibasherx

Has anyone checked the prices on the JP dino Showdown figures (Allosaurus and Phachy)?  Geebus they're expensive on the secondary market.  I remember they were on clearance some time ago too. 

terrorchicken

sorry, posted message in the wrong thread  ::)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.