News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

what is your favorite Dinosaur Video Game

Started by MaastrichtianGuy, June 01, 2015, 12:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

what was your favorite Dinosaur video game you played and liked alot?

Arul

i only have 1 dinosaur game, Jurrasic Race. The developer is the member of this forum, Darie_P  :D

Gwangi

I used to enjoy the "King Kong" game that was out for the PS2. Those "raptors" always running out of the fog after you when all you had was a spear was always a little freaky. And the V. rex that couldn't be killed (as a human).

But my favorites would probably be the "Jurassic Park" games for the Sega Genesis. Growing up I loved those game almost as much as the movie! In fact, I think I need to drag out the Sega and play them again.

The Super Nintendo version was...interesting.

Takama

Dino Crises 2 and Turok 2008

Other favorites include

Battle of Giants: Dinosaurs

Prehistoric Isle

KING KONG

tyrantqueen

Primal Rage and Dino Crisis.

To be frank, most titles featuring dinosaurs are poor (movie tie ins and such) so that's all I got. I also know of a few RPGs and platformers that feature dinosaur type enemies but I don't think they qualify fully. For example. T. rexaur and Wild Saurian from Final Fantasy VIII and XII, respectively. There are countless others.

ZaZZU2

Shadowknight1

The Lost World, mainly the levels where you play as a dinosaur.
Warpath: Jurassic Park
Primal Carnage.

The trend being that I much prefer game that let you play AS a dinosaur as opposed to 90% of dino games where the objective is to kill as many of these animals as possible.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

LophoLeeVT

yes dinosaur king ds is also very fun
i like the not so popular raptors online game as well but if there i8s a update you have to start from the beginningă… ă… 
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

stargatedalek

I have a lot of nostalgia for titles I grew up with like Primal Rage, Carnivores, the various SEGA Genesis Jurassic Park titles, Ubisoft's Battle of Giants series, Jurassic park: Operation Genesis, 2k5 King Kong, and of course the Zoo Tycoon franchise. But out of all the games from my childhood one series sticks out: Ecco the Dolphin (what? extinct marine life and pterosaurs aren't close enough? ;) ).

More recently I started playing the first Primal Carnage a few years ago, watched its development and bought it the day it came available on steam. It was practically the only thing I played for years, until the dreaded 1.3 update that broke the game and gave rise to a reboot. On the bright side I actually prefer Primal Carnage: Extinction over Primal Carnage, its far better optimized, more frequently updated, and has a lot more content such as subclasses and item drops. Dino D Day is a favorite amongst my friends and I, we have a group of around a dozen of us who play it together on occasion. Just the other day I got The Hunter: Primal for my boyfriend and I during the steam sale, so we've been playing that lately (but as expected not a ton of hours in it between it and all those other steam sale purchases ;) ).

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Primal Carnage is the one I play the most right now. My favorite dinosaur video game has to be Zoo Tycoon with the Dinosaur Digs expansion pack. That game was very fun when I played it. I think I still have the disc somewhere.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.