News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Oddities Line: T-Rex Fetus in Jar

Started by joossa, May 24, 2016, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2016, 03:57:44 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on November 05, 2016, 03:42:29 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2016, 03:09:43 PM
An embryo wouldn't necessarily display feathers, even some birds don't hatch with them. It depends on how dependent infant Tyrannosaurs were as to whether feathers would be expected on hatch-lings/embryos.

Oversized feet and generally lithe proportions are sometimes seen in bird hatch-lings, which leaves only the skull shape weighing this piece down.
But this one looks like a rather developed embryo, which soon will break out of the egg. Shouldn't it had at least bit of plumage?
A lot of birds are born with absolutely no feathers. Although as I just realized the wrinkles covering it may be intended as scale lines rather than a preservation artifact of being preserved in liquid, which would be incorrect no matter what.

I have a hard time believing Tyrannosaurus would have been as altricial as a passerine. I like to think of a hatchling T. rex as a downy little fluffball, like a quail with teeth.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 05, 2016, 11:06:57 PMI have a hard time believing Tyrannosaurus would have been as altricial as a passerine. I like to think of a hatchling T. rex as a downy little fluffball, like a quail with teeth.
Very true, many game-birds are not only up and moving minutes after hatching but even able to communicate and recognize complex patterns. I think it's highly unlikely any land based animal would have helpless young when they don't have a need to.

Bucklander

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2016, 11:22:57 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 05, 2016, 11:06:57 PMI have a hard time believing Tyrannosaurus would have been as altricial as a passerine. I like to think of a hatchling T. rex as a downy little fluffball, like a quail with teeth.
Very true, many game-birds are not only up and moving minutes after hatching but even able to communicate and recognize complex patterns. I think it's highly unlikely any land based animal would have helpless young when they don't have a need to.
I'm with you Tim, altriciality (is that the correct form for the noun) is a derived condition, like helplessness in Homo newborn.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Killekor

So? Any news about this Rexy? ????????? I hope that this isn't a joke, like the Ceratopsians Fridge magnet...

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Brocc21

I mean my dad had a baby cow in a jar and the remains of its mother to the left of it. In his classroom. (I should mention it died giving birth)
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 08, 2019, 02:36:57 AM
The Tooth Fairy model has my interest piqued (I also like how the wings look):

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pb.555146104612402.-2207520000.1565228145./2198779253582404/?type=3&theater

I think it will be a perfect addition to my freakshow area of the haunt as well, hope they keep making more stuff like this.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.