News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari/CollectA's 2019 Ceratopsian

Started by Irritation, July 25, 2017, 04:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the ceratopsians do you want Safari LTD and CollectA to make in 2019

Pentaceratops
7 (14.9%)
Anchiceratops
1 (2.1%)
Diceratops/Nedoceratops
1 (2.1%)
Arrhinoceratops
1 (2.1%)
Albertaceratops
0 (0%)
Zuniceratops
1 (2.1%)
Brachyceratops
1 (2.1%)
Centrosaurus
19 (40.4%)
Eucentrosaurus
1 (2.1%)
Monoclonius
9 (19.1%)
Wendiceratops
1 (2.1%)
Protoceratops
4 (8.5%)
Microceratus
1 (2.1%)
Leptoceratops
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

SafariLTDLover

If Safari would produce a Pentaceratops I'd drop dead, Safari has yet to produce a ceratopsian with a really big, wide frill, though a Centrosaurus would be pretty awesome.

sauroid

so many people are wishing for a Protoceratops figure and yet there's only one vote for it in this thread lol
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

John

Quote from: sauroid on August 22, 2017, 07:33:25 AM
so many people are wishing for a Protoceratops figure and yet there's only one vote for it in this thread lol
In the scheme of things,not many people actually vote on that poll compared to the number of members.To make it worse,it lets you choose just one.I for instance chose Centrosaurus,but I would certainly not turn down a new Protoceratops should one eventually turn up.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

sauroid

Quote from: John on August 27, 2017, 10:46:35 AM
Quote from: sauroid on August 22, 2017, 07:33:25 AM
In the scheme of things,not many people actually vote on that poll compared to the number of members.To make it worse,it lets you choose just one.I for instance chose Centrosaurus,but I would certainly not turn down a new Protoceratops should one eventually turn up.
that's true. i wish we could pick at least five.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Postosuchus84

Went ahead and said Monoclonius even though it's a dubious genus. I've enjoyed the animal for a while though.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: TyrannosaurTJ on August 27, 2017, 04:40:03 PM
Went ahead and said Monoclonius even though it's a dubious genus. I've enjoyed the animal for a while though.

Actually, the only ones that are no longer valid are Eucentrosaurus(actually a specimen of Centrosaurus) and Brachyceratops(actually a juvenile Einiosaurus or Rubeosaurus) The only Monoclonius specimen that suggests its a valid genus is this skull of a sub-adult. (however some consider it dubious, while others consider it valid, similar to Amphicoelias... but with a lot more evidence) So basically it depends on who you ask, and you're own opinion on the situation. The skull looks different enough to me that I am on the valid side of the situation.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Takama

Honestly, I want to see them redo there Triceratops in Standard Size

PumperKrickel

deleted

alexeratops

Quote from: Takama on August 28, 2017, 02:12:01 AM

Well, I don't see why they wouldn't. Schleich made a relatively good Parasaurolopus, and then Safari just blew it out of the water. Schleich is making a good Trike next year, so maybe Safari will follow suit. Maybe they would bravely tackle quills on this one.  :o

I voted for Protoceratops. It's my mom's favorite, so having a high quality one for a gift would be convenient.  ^-^
like a bantha!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on August 28, 2017, 04:08:09 AM
Quote from: Takama on August 28, 2017, 02:12:01 AM

Well, I don't see why they wouldn't. Schleich made a relatively good Parasaurolopus, and then Safari just blew it out of the water. Schleich is making a good Trike next year, so maybe Safari will follow suit. Maybe they would bravely tackle quills on this one.  :o

I voted for Protoceratops. It's my mom's favorite, so having a high quality one for a gift would be convenient.  ^-^

Triceratops most likely didn't have quills Early ceratopsians most likely used them for display, but as they evolved frills the quills would serve no purpose anymore, therefor a lack of quills in frilled ceratopsians is very likely. But yes, a new Triceratops would be nice, the current one looks a little too JP-esque. I don't know if Doug sculpted the current one, but I'm sure he could really out-do it with how he sculpts ceratopsians.
I am the Dinosaur King!

PaleoMatt

I've heard that quills were used to protect the otherwise defenseless rear of the animal.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.