News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari/CollectA's 2019 Ceratopsian

Started by Irritation, July 25, 2017, 04:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the ceratopsians do you want Safari LTD and CollectA to make in 2019

Pentaceratops
7 (14.9%)
Anchiceratops
1 (2.1%)
Diceratops/Nedoceratops
1 (2.1%)
Arrhinoceratops
1 (2.1%)
Albertaceratops
0 (0%)
Zuniceratops
1 (2.1%)
Brachyceratops
1 (2.1%)
Centrosaurus
19 (40.4%)
Eucentrosaurus
1 (2.1%)
Monoclonius
9 (19.1%)
Wendiceratops
1 (2.1%)
Protoceratops
4 (8.5%)
Microceratus
1 (2.1%)
Leptoceratops
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Irritation

Hope you have a good time voting. Just note this is for fan made purposes only.

amargasaurus cazaui

The only one for this list tempting to me at all would be the Pentaceratops......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Irritation

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 25, 2017, 07:25:19 AM
The only one for this list tempting to me at all would be the Pentaceratops......
Why is that?

amargasaurus cazaui

My tastes in ceratopsians runs more to Udanoeratops, Aquilops, Arachaeoceratops, Micro pachycephalosaurus, sinoceratops, etc.  I like the species from the family that show more variation myself
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Irritation

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 25, 2017, 07:37:05 AM
My tastes in ceratopsians runs more to Udanoeratops, Aquilops, Arachaeoceratops, Micro pachycephalosaurus, sinoceratops, etc.  I like the species from the family that show more variation myself
I would like to see either Monoclonius or Centrosaurus mostly by the fact that they're really underated.

Kaprosaurus

Wendiceratops doesn't have a figure yet,so that's my pick.

Kaprosaurus

amargasaurus cazaui

Was thinking a set from Wendy"s ..maybe additional Definitely Dinosaurs had a Wendiceratops

Patrx

I'm hoping for a Protoceratops! There's not a really good one out there apart from the tiny Kaiyodo figure - and I think all of them have their hands in an outdated posture.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Patrx on July 25, 2017, 03:07:23 PM
I'm hoping for a Protoceratops! There's not a really good one out there apart from the tiny Kaiyodo figure ......

I think Aaron Doyle's Shapeways figure is a really good one.

Shonisaurus

They would have to focus these two great companies on more ceraptósidos but especially on the less developed ones in terms of their collars.

On the other hand there is an important gap in the toy market with dinosaurs such as protoceratops whose figure is very poorly represented.

Patrx

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 25, 2017, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: Patrx on July 25, 2017, 03:07:23 PM
I'm hoping for a Protoceratops! There's not a really good one out there apart from the tiny Kaiyodo figure ......

I think Aaron Doyle's Shapeways figure is a really good one.

Good point! I think I initially passed on it due to the pronated hands, but it is likely the best one available regardless. Still, a Safari or CollectA piece would not have to be painted  :)

Jose S.M.

I would like a Centrosaurus, it's being overlooked from major companies and it's as nice as some.other ceratopsians made by them.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Irritation

Quote from: suspsy on July 25, 2017, 05:19:57 PM
Why is this 2019?
Have you noticed a pattern between the two companies at years 2013, 2015, and 2017? They both made at least one of the same ceratopsian on those particular years.

ZoPteryx

Any chasmosaurine would be fine with me.

John

I still want to see Styracosaurus albertensis turn up from them again.Safari would blow all other lines out of the water with it.The same would also be true of anything they make from the list above.So choosing only from what is on that list,I would have to go with Centrosaurus apertus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

sauroid

would be nice to see a Rubeosaurus, although AAA's large Styracosaurus looks more like a Rubeo than a Styraco...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: