News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do not want albino T.rex

Started by Kaustav Bhattacharyya, November 18, 2018, 07:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

One note please I have missed, do not present us albino T.rex. I want to see the probable look of the wild type T.rex with my eyes, which will fulfill all of my desire to get any kind of dinosaur model.

tanystropheus

As far as I am aware, I've proposed the idea of an albino T-rex (to Eofauna?), perhaps once or twice (including perhaps another company), on the forums. I don't believe its been mentioned before by anyone else but I could be wrong.

If I am not mistaken, REBOR is producing an albino Titanoboa as one of four variants.

CityRaptor

"It's white. You never told me it was white."
"Think it will scare the kids?"
"The kids? This will give the parents nightmares."

So is this aimed at someone specific or is it a general statement?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ravonium

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 18, 2018, 09:10:57 AM

It seems to be a part of OP's request to Eofauna that ended up as a separate post (most likely by accident).

I can't recall seeing anyone wanting any albino dinosaur, let alone T. rex, to be made by a company, so I don't think an albino T. rex is a likely enough possibility that companies would need to be dissuaded from making them.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ravonium on November 18, 2018, 11:28:06 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on November 18, 2018, 09:10:57 AM

I can't recall seeing anyone wanting any albino dinosaur, let alone T. rex, to be made by a company, so I don't think an albino T. rex is a likely enough possibility that companies would need to be dissuaded from making them.

I've actually requested (in the Eofauna general discussion thread) an albino T. rex, if Eofauna considers ever doing a T-rex that is. Rather than make a vanilla (no pun intended) T-rex, they should consider something unconventional or slightly over-the top like an albino T-rex.

Reply # 301 on Oct 18:

err...I think they should do something different like....an albino T-rex.

Shonisaurus

In fact I understand that albino animals exist in all animal species. I would not be surprised if in prehistory there were dinosaurs and prehistoric albino animals. Honestly, the fact that a tyrannosaurus rex albino company does not traumatize me, although I prefer that the colors of a tyrannosaurus rex are more classic and realistic.

But what is said in nature and in many of the current animal species there are albino species. If there are albino crocodiles to give an example, it would not be unreasonable to have Tyrannosaurus rex albinos even if they do not belong to the same family.

Ravonium

One thing's for sure: an albino T. rex is definitely a better idea than this  ;) :

Blade-of-the-Moon

I did an albino JP Raptor repaint once pretty cool idea i thought.

I actually like the idea of a black tyrannosaur sorta panther-ish. 

Shonisaurus

I honestly do not care about an albino tyrannosaurus rex, it is a figure that is even scientifically accurate. We do not know for sure yet how many of the prehistoric animals were in the color of the skin and feathers and it is logical to think that there would be dinosaurs and prehistoric albino animals, the tyrannosaurus albino is within all possibilities.

Nor would I mind a mammoth or a coelodonta antiquitatis (woolly rhinoceros) albinos. In nature everything is possible. Sincerely weirder is a golden tyrannosaurus like the one Schleich did (it's totally unlikely) regardless of whether I have it on my best bookshelves, Schleich's golden tyrannosaurus rex is a fantasy figure, an albino tyrannosaurus feathered or it would not be possible in a fairly high percentage.

Dobber

I don't mind the idea either. Like someone else said above...it would be different. Eofauna definitely has the skill to produce nice looking paint jobs, so maybe instead of just straight up WHITE but have it have pale pink splotchiness.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Ravonium

Quote from: Dobber on November 18, 2018, 06:47:40 PM
so maybe instead of just straight up WHITE but have it have pale pink splotchiness.

Considering that neither scales nor feathers change colour in heat like skin does, and unless the paintjob depicts any wounds, wouldn't that make the T.rex amelanistic or leucistic, rather than albino? (which would both still be good ideas for colour scheme, but it couldn't be called 'albino' from anything other than maybe an aesthetic viewpoint.)

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Ravonium

Quote from: E.D.G.E. (PainterRex) on November 18, 2018, 09:01:39 PM
Or piebald

Doesn't piebald specifically mean black and white though? If so, then that's not what Dobber was referring to.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ravonium on November 18, 2018, 12:52:26 PM
One thing's for sure: an albino T. rex is definitely a better idea than this  ;) :

Haha. These gold-plated holiday special T-rexes are definitely not going up in value  :))

For those experienced with photoshop, this would be a great thread to make some mockups. How would the Running Papo T-rex look like as an albino, the REBOR Grab n' Go, the WS feathered T-rex? Heck, it would be interesting to even check out mockups of the Eofauna Giga as an albino.

For example, here's the Papo Nile Crocodile in albino:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Papo-50140-Crocodile-Figure-White/dp/B007CF6Q54

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 18, 2018, 03:41:20 PM
I did an albino JP Raptor repaint once pretty cool idea i thought.

I actually like the idea of a black tyrannosaur sorta panther-ish.

I totally agree.

I think some of the appeal of the Indominus Rex has to do with the near-albino look. The same goes for the Alien-esque/panther-ish Indoraptor

Cretaceous Crab

In any case, this thread just gave me some inspiration for a "RE-repaint" of one of my figures. I didn't like the direction it was headed so I stripped off my repaint. I'm excited now!

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Respected Sir,
I am honored to share you that I am foremost fan of Eofauna team when I come to know how much accuracy can be get in prehistoric creature replicas from the magnificent sculpt from Eofauna team. I am a blind dinosaur fan till my childhood and fascinated by the Tyrant Lizard King when I first saw it in a museum. I am particularly fascinated by the actual lookings of this king of dinosaurs from dinosaur documentaries not by the childish Jurassic Park ones. So getting an accurate view of this magnificent creature in a model form is my intense wish till my childhood. I am requesting you,  to redesign the Tyrant Lizard King based on the Saurian redesign of T.rex which is anatomically and morphologically accurate from head tip to tail tip and has no even little touch of inaccurate JP like design. Accurate T.rex toy with especially with accurate skull/head representation is very very rare in the market in spite of having probably the highest amount of replicas of this creature. The one outstanding fully feathered one we have received in 2017 from Safari Ltd. which has been praised a lot, but still we want the Saurian redesign in model form exactly with the same color scheme and this level of exact head representation with lips , without attached base, in a model form by the Eofauna team in the near future. I want that redesign should not only be confined in games, but also in model form. It will probably be the actual look of T.rex. But still I request to add little amount of protofeaters in the dorsal side of that model, with a reasonable color scheme, I am hoping to be coming in the near future, because feathers must be present  in a little bit in T.rex. This is  because this feature is their ancestry, whether it is found in fossil or not, on which there are many controversies, we all know.

I have requested for such a model because only Eofauna team have the ability to take this hardest challenge, which I do believe after seeing the gorgeous sculpt of the Giganotosaurus, but with no lips, a bit miserable. And I also do believe that, that coming model will be the cheapest ones in the market, in spite of having the highest amount and most versatile replicas of T.rex which has already made many dinosaur fans even tyrannosaur fans fade up with this iconic beast.

I really want that creature to be sculpted in a model form exactly of the saurian redesigned version to be sculpted in a model form exactly with the same anatomy, morphology and color. Please concentrate especially on the head sculpt like that of the saurian, the very finely tuned forward facing eyes, the keratinious structures or horns just in front of and behind the eyes and above the snout, quite undistinguished in most T.rex models and the lips for which I have the highest desire which is very much reasonable but are not given in most of the T.rex face sculpts. I want the mouth to be articulated like the Giga, so that I can enjoy the presence of lips when mouths being opened and closed.

The Saurian redesign is exclusively based on papers and latest finding not just on fantasy like the Jurassic Park ones, though you can complain about the color scheme to be fantasied, still I think a reasonable color scheme. I want this, the real look of T.rex in a model which Eofauna can boldly impose in their T.rex model I do believe after seeing the Giganotosaurus.

Lastly, please add lips in all the coming theropods, if T.rex or Charcharodontosaurus or anything else, because lips are highly probable and latest scientific evidences indicates that definitely present in their faces. I have read Thomas Carr's paper on D.horneri denoting no lips and replacement of theropod teeth. I admire these most recent views but still I shall go for lips because its presence is very very reasonable and more scientifically sound according to Dr.Reitz who indicates toward komodo dragons for his evidence.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on November 24, 2018, 05:29:00 PM

I have requested for such a model because only Eofauna team have the ability to take this hardest challenge, which I do believe after seeing the gorgeous sculpt of the Giganotosaurus, but with no lips, a bit miserable.

I was under the impression that the Eofauna Giga had lips. In close-up photos of the Giga, it seems that the teeth are partly obscured (by lips, I presume), especially for the upper jaw.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.