You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pretty cool dinosaur customization site (Evosaur)

Started by Nanuqsaurus, March 18, 2018, 05:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 19, 2018, 11:14:30 PM
I gotta ask...why does the Dilophosaurus have feathers?  Has there been a discovery I haven't heard about?

As far as I know, there are some things that may or may not be feather impressions from a close relative. But that's all we really got right now. So it's not unlikely, but the feathers on this Dilophosaurus are a bit extreme. :P

Patrx

Hey, neat! This'll be a useful way to try out coloration ideas for repaints  :)

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 21, 2018, 03:02:11 PMSo it's not unlikely, but the feathers on this Dilophosaurus are a bit extreme. :P

Yeah, I like feathery dinosaurs as much as (or more than) the next person, but pennaceous feathers on Dilophosaurus does seem pretty out-there.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 19, 2018, 08:42:13 AM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on March 18, 2018, 11:17:04 PM
This is actually a demo for an online dino game, not entirely sure what it'll be about yet but breeding and genetics are a big factor, so I'm excited!

I'd like to find out what kind of game it's gonna be, it certainly looks promising and I hope they continue with this project. Would be great if we could show some support to the creators of this site! :)

It's a sequel to an old browser game called "Exhibited!", which focused on you, the player, having your own 'Dinosaur Farm' and raising dinosaurs from eggs to adulthood. You could breed dinosaurs and use select breeding to play around with genetics and create crazy dinosaurs with "special traits" (could range from visual appearance or abilities to use in battle). You could really influence a dinoaurs appearance with the breeding mechanic, even shrink or enlarge certain parts of their body (though doing so made that dinosaur more vulnerable to illnesses or other health risks)

The game mainly featured carnivorous dinosaurs though, specifically mid-sized carnivores. Herbivores could only be treated like cattle and were used for food for your carnivorous dinosaurs, which wasn't something I was that keen on to be honest.

With all that in mind though, I'm excited to see what Evosaur will become :D I'm not sure if it'll take the same route as Exhibited!, I personally kinda hope it doesn't, but who knows :) I believe production started in early 2016, and this demo was released in November of the same year, so production seems to be moving along at a steady pace :)

stargatedalek

It almost feels like multiple people designed these dinosaurs, some are quite accurate if a little stylized and then others are shrink-wrapped or even missing iconic features.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 21, 2018, 04:59:12 PM
It almost feels like multiple people designed these dinosaurs, some are quite accurate if a little stylized and then others are shrink-wrapped or even missing iconic features.

Yeah, I feel like most of the carnivores are fine, but the herbivores have a bit too much shrink-wrapping going on, or are jus too retro looking in general. You can still make them look pretty good with those colors though.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 21, 2018, 04:59:12 PM

They were all drawn by the same person, but now they're going back and redoing them all as some of those drawings are two years old. I believe the next dinosaur they're redrawing in the Velociraptor.

Nanuqsaurus

Some of my recent customized dinosaurs.

Dilophosaurus

Neovenator

Bambiraptor

Ravonium

I'm a bit late to this thread, but this is a good idea for a website, even if some of the dinosaurs show very different design choices. I especially like how you can adjust the opacity of markings.

If anyone wants to see an example of what I've created, then here is a link.

IrritatorRaji

To anyone who's interested in this site, click here to be emailed when the site goes into alpha

To anyone who wants to give the artist a bit of love, here's a link to their DA :)

If anyone wants a feel for what this game might become (same creators, same artist), join Lioden