News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Minis

Started by Cretaceous Crab, May 03, 2018, 01:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

Anyone know where I could find miniatures of the following species:
- Psittacosaurus
- Pachycephalsaurus
- Pachy or Stygimoloch (as long as it is different from the other Pachy)

Something about the size of the JW:FK minis, but I'm not looking for those. I think the Psittacosaurus may be the hardest to find.

IrritatorRaji

How big are the minis? Cuz I know there are some 1:12 scale Psittacosaurus figures on Shapeways, but that puts those figures at about 14cm / 5.5 inches long. And, of course, they come unpainted.

Georassic

Safari has made a Psittacosaurus for their Toob sets. It's rather generic and undetailed, but it's about 1:25 scale.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Georassic on May 03, 2018, 02:58:16 PM
Safari has made a Psittacosaurus for their Toob sets. It's rather generic and undetailed, but it's about 1:25 scale.

The feathered dinosaur toob, yeah. It's decently small but unfortunately lacks those tail quills / bristles

Halichoeres

Kaiyodo made a Psittacosaurus:

Roughly 1:20 scale

They also made a Pachycephalosaurus for the Dinotales line. I think that one was about 1:50-1:60, depending on the specimen you use for reference. Furuta Dinomodels also made a Pachycephalosaurus that's a bit larger, maybe about 1:40. You should be able to get any of them for under $15, except the Psittacosaurus, which was an expo exclusive.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I don't know how big the JW:FK minis are.  In case it's helpful:

The Safari Feathered Dinos Toob has a Psittacosaurus and a Pachycephalosaurus: http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/11/11/feathered-dinos-tube-safari-ltd/

CollectA made two sets with mini dinosaurs which I've seen called by different names, one of these sets includes a Pachycephalosaurus: http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/02/07/prehistoric-tube-a-collecta/

brettnj

I have all three available.
Brett

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 03, 2018, 03:21:58 PM
Kaiyodo made a Psittacosaurus:

Roughly 1:20 scale

They also made a Pachycephalosaurus for the Dinotales line. I think that one was about 1:50-1:60, depending on the specimen you use for reference. Furuta Dinomodels also made a Pachycephalosaurus that's a bit larger, maybe about 1:40. You should be able to get any of them for under $15, except the Psittacosaurus, which was an expo exclusive.

stegosauria

I just want to mention that Safari released the Feathered Dinos toob with new colour (which I think is really pale) and hard to find toobs with the original colours like it was reviewed on the blog.

Cretaceous Crab

I think that Safari LTD feathered dinosaurs Toob has exactly what I need. I'll repainting them so the color doesnt matter. Thanks for the help!

stegosauria

Then you can easily find the new version of the feathered dinos toob. Good fun for repainting them.