News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Laticauda's collection

Started by laticauda, February 20, 2016, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Pretty nice setup. It's interesting to see how different people arrange their figures to different criteria (like classification as you seem to have).
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

laticauda

Quote from: stoneage on August 14, 2016, 05:23:10 PM
Where do the plexiglass boxes come from?
They are the same display boxes you would use for Diecast cars.  I got them at Michaels, but I am sure you can get them at almost any craft store. 

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 14, 2016, 06:30:09 PM
Pretty nice setup. It's interesting to see how different people arrange their figures to different criteria (like classification as you seem to have).
Honestly, I don't even think that way when I start placing them.  Ideas hit me, I try it out, and see if they display well together. 

laticauda

Its been awhile since I've updated this and my collection has grown.  I've also changed my little corner of the basement so before the holiday season begins I figured I'll show you what it looks like now. 

My corner.

Section 1

laticauda

Next section

Top1

Top2

Top middle

In the sea    I need to add more lights. 

In the sea 2

In the sea hanging

In the sea the little guys

Middle shelf

Lowest shelf 1

Lowest shelf 2

Flying above

I'll post more from my corner tomorrow.

Halichoeres

I like the suspended ichthyosaurs! Nice setup.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

laticauda

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2017, 07:35:28 PM
I like the suspended ichthyosaurs! Nice setup.

Thank you.  I think there will be some small changes to that shelf, but the ichthyosaurs are staying were they are. 

laticauda

Here is the next section/shelf

First shelf

Second shelf

Bottom shelf
Looks like I am going to have to make some room for the new 2018 Safari Amargasaurus

ZoPteryx

Very nice!  I like the inclusion of plants on the second shelf.  :)

Libraraptor

laticauda

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 14, 2017, 06:47:33 PM
Great collection and Display!
Thank you.  I still have things in storage.  There is never enough room. 

laticauda

Ok here the rest of the figures that I have out.
Wall shelf

Small display

My desk area 1

My desk area 2

My desk area 3

My desk area JP/JW

ceratopsian

I love the little display cabinets with the Kaiyodos inside.  The herd of ceratopsians et al. on top of the one on the left look like they're thinking of jumping!!

laticauda

My son came home from school super excited the other day.  He quickly opened up his backpack and had this poster rolled up in it.  He told me the librarian was getting rid of outdated items and was asking the kids if they wanted any of the old books and materials. So he asked if he could have this poster. 

Libraraptor

Worthless to the librarian, a little Treasure for you and your son.  it found a worthy new home!

Tylosaurus

Lovey collection Laticauda :) Maybe a visit at the IKEA maybe of need soon
Well I know I need to at some point making space is always a hard thing for us collectors :D

laticauda

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on May 08, 2018, 12:33:33 PM
Lovey collection Laticauda :) Maybe a visit at the IKEA maybe of need soon
Well I know I need to at some point making space is always a hard thing for us collectors :D

I would love to make a more dynamic display but all I have is a corner in the basement at my "work station".  :( 
I try a rotate through my collection so everything gets a chance in the sun. 

Shonisaurus

In any case laticauda your collection is immense, in this case the most important thing is not the furniture that houses those beauties are the dinosaurs. They are the best dinosaur toy companies by far.

I congratulate you.

Tylosaurus

Oh that is very unfortunate yet understandable bud.
But hey as a Steggo nerd and fan xD I totally love this set:

Yet I do wonder what Stegosaurids are the three little ones in the front left:

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.