News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Laticauda's collection

Started by laticauda, February 20, 2016, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laticauda

Here is a "new" acquisition.

Carnegie collection:  Dilophosaurus pair and 2008 Diplodocus.

I also have put together a new display box
Inside:

On top:

laticauda

Finally my local target had these.  They were the only two left and they hidden behind all the rest of the boxes.

Flaffy

laticauda

Another new guy, the schleich apatosaurus.

Concavenator

Quote from: laticauda on June 05, 2016, 02:28:00 PM
Finally my local target had these.  They were the only two left and they hidden behind all the rest of the boxes.

That Parasaurolophus is just stunning! 😍❤️

laticauda

Quote from: Concavenator on June 05, 2016, 09:23:54 PM
Quote from: laticauda on June 05, 2016, 02:28:00 PM

That Parasaurolophus is just stunning! 😍❤️

I know, its awesome.  I like this paint job better than the original.  The only problem with it, is the weak bendy front leg.  It keeps falling over due to the leg bending.  Might have to make a base or a stand for it. 

Doug Watson

Just found your collection, very nice. But you forgot to mention one nice piece in your first photo, looks like a die cast 1964 Mustang Convertible. Nice to see someone else here likes classic cars. :D

laticauda

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 10, 2016, 01:52:43 PM
Just found your collection, very nice. But you forgot to mention one nice piece in your first photo, looks like a die cast 1964 Mustang Convertible. Nice to see someone else here likes classic cars. :D
:) You have a good eye, I spent part of my childhood dreaming that I would own a classic mustang.  That die cast was a gift from my dad when I was a kid.  It has been displayed next to or near my old carnegie diplodocus since the 90's.

I was always drawn to the 60's mustangs, what classic cars do you like?

Doug Watson

Quote from: laticauda on June 11, 2016, 02:07:05 AM
:) You have a good eye, I spent part of my childhood dreaming that I would own a classic mustang.  That die cast was a gift from my dad when I was a kid.  It has been displayed next to or near my old carnegie diplodocus since the 90's.

I like a wide range of cars all the way back to the 1920s classics but my favourites are sports and muscle cars. My favourite Mustang would be a 1965 Fastback GT. Probably if I had to pick just two favourite cars it would be between a 1967 427 Sting Ray and a 1967 427 Cobra, both of which are totally out of my reach. I did have a ride in a 1966 327 Sting Ray back in 1969 and the oldest car I have ridden in was a 1916 Chevrolet.

laticauda

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 11, 2016, 07:38:09 AM
Quote from: laticauda on June 11, 2016, 02:07:05 AM

I like a wide range of cars all the way back to the 1920s classics but my favourites are sports and muscle cars. My favourite Mustang would be a 1965 Fastback GT. Probably if I had to pick just two favourite cars it would be between a 1967 427 Sting Ray and a 1967 427 Cobra, both of which are totally out of my reach. I did have a ride in a 1966 327 Sting Ray back in 1969 and the oldest car I have ridden in was a 1916 Chevrolet.

Dream car:428 Cobra Jet Mustang.  Seen it in person but never had the pleasure to ride in one.  I remember when I was a small kid riding in a black 1955 ford thunderbird that belonged to a friend of my dad's, thought it was amazing. 

Doug Watson

Quote from: laticauda on June 27, 2016, 05:16:46 AM
Dream car:428 Cobra Jet Mustang.  Seen it in person but never had the pleasure to ride in one.  I remember when I was a small kid riding in a black 1955 ford thunderbird that belonged to a friend of my dad's, thought it was amazing.

Those cars had character.

laticauda

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 01, 2016, 05:02:21 AM
Quote from: laticauda on June 27, 2016, 05:16:46 AM

Those cars had character.
Yes they did.  Now they are very generic, with only a few exceptions. 

Jose S.M.

Very nice collection and very cool ways to display it!!

laticauda

Quote from: Joe289 on July 03, 2016, 05:32:06 PM
Very nice collection and very cool ways to display it!!
Thank you.

I like the display boxes, less to dust.  I change up my displays from time to time, especially if I get a new dino, and then everything gets messy as I rearrange.  Unfortunately, most of the collection is in storage. 

laticauda

Here are my Carnegie's.  Sorry for the bad pic quality and the special guest appearance by the Wild Safari Masiakasaurus.  I guess I wasn't paying attention when I added him to the pic. 

And the Sauropods

Oh and one fun shot of the JW Owen.

Everything_Dinosaur

Some wonderful photos, thanks for sharing.

laticauda

After a few new acquisitions, and some spare wood from a house project, I decided to redo my display.  I got everything out of storage, and rearranged, and took a few pictures.  Once combined with the previous pictures, it should show just about every prehistoric animal that I can find in my house.   Kaiyodo's, mini Battats, JW Mosasaurus, two Yowies, and Starlux Diplodocus are not in the pictures but I think they have been posted previously. 

On the table are the unfortunates that will be going back into storage

Jurassic Park and Jurassic World figures

Non Dinosaur group

The old ones, back into storage as well

The new display shelf that I quickly built

Top Left:

Top Center:

Top Right:1

Top Right: 2

Bottom Left: Stegosaurus display, nodosaurids, ankylosaurids, Stegosauridae

Bottom Middle: The Yowie Minmi is hiding behind  Australovenator

Bottom Right: Nesting group display, Ceratopsians, and a Dimetrodon

Top Shelf:1

Top Shelf:2

Marine: 1

Marine:2

Middle Shelf:

Mammal Shelf:

Hanging Shelf

Halichoeres

Nice setup! I especially like the suspended ichthyosaurs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

laticauda

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 13, 2016, 03:41:36 PM
Nice setup! I especially like the suspended ichthyosaurs.
Thank you.  I am still tinkering with this shelf, trying to make it look a little bit better.

stoneage

Where do the plexiglass boxes come from?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: