News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

It is very beautiful that tyrantqueen figure, I congratulate you for having such beautiful dinosaurs. Although the ankylosaurus is a very represented figure, it is always good to see new paleo-representations both in vinyl (as is the case) and in a toy figure.

tyrantqueen

I got the Build-a-raptor set (B), from Everything Dinosaur, very happy.

I haven't purchased much dinosaur related stuff lately, real life has been hectic (but in a good way :)))

tyrantqueen

Look who came in the post today :)

What puzzles me about this figure is that this is how the figure is supposed to stand by default:

I know this because this is how the skin detail matches up correctly. You can change the posture to something more plausible if you like. My figure cannot stand freely because it has a warped leg.

Only the upper jaw is movable.

And obviously, the more extreme the pose, the more of the sculpt you break.

I think it's a fun toy despite some flaws. It's very Kenner esque in its articulation.

Josh

I've got this same figure on the way. I love the sculpt, and even though some of the articulation is odd (tail), I'm really looking forward to it. It seems as though they do have trouble standing correctly. I think every review I've seen mentions it.

Shonisaurus

I'm glad for you avatar_tyrantqueen @tyrantqueen  . I am waiting for mine, can you believe that the order was made on June 28 and the package is unfortunately withheld by the customs services along with other figures of Favorite and the other two versions of Kaiyodo tyrannosaurus 2018?

What happens in my nation in terms of customs, customs duties, I think it does not happen in almost any nation in the world. But this is what there is.

Thank you for your photos Tyrantqueen I am very glad that you have that cool figure in your collection.

DerbesSchuhwerk

Despite the fact, that i really like the sculpt, the pose in last photo kinda gives me callbacks to the Rex character of the 90s tv show "Dinosaurs".
I'm not able to find a good picture, but i guess you'll get what i mean(maybe ;) )

tyrantqueen

I just remembered something that has bugged me about this sculpt ever since I first saw the stock pics of it- the teeth. They're so close together that they're basically one solid mass and I don't like it. I wish that the lower jaw could have been articulated too.

Quote from: DerbesSchuhwerk on July 24, 2018, 08:48:41 PM
Despite the fact, that i really like the sculpt, the pose in last photo kinda gives me callbacks to the Rex character of the 90s tv show "Dinosaurs".
I'm not able to find a good picture, but i guess you'll get what i mean(maybe ;) )

Lol, interesting observation! :o

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.