News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

David Krentz 1/144 Tyrannosaurus rex in FUD. It didn't make out of the printing process in one piece. It's missing a toenail and a finger. I primed it so it would photograph better.

And his wonderful 1/40 dromaeosaurus/raptor pack, in FUD

Roselaar

Lovely figures! Now that is a properly impressive T-Rex.

sauroid

very cool . how big is that rex in cm.?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on February 02, 2018, 02:07:40 AM
very cool . how big is that rex in cm.?

It's 1.51 x 3.84 x 9.73 cm, according to the listing. It's about the size of a Kaiyodo Dinotales gashapon, more or less.

tyrantqueen

I received my Prehistoric Passion pieces, the Diplodocus and Centrosaurus, both in 1/72 scale.

I'm happy that the Diplo got here in one piece. Many thanks to Jerry (acro-man). He is a lovely guy to deal with.

I also got my Antediluvian Lambeosaurus and Triceratops (they do have bases, I'm just too lazy to include them).

Here it is with two other PP ceratopsians

Blade-of-the-Moon

Always liked that Lambosaurus..David needs to get back to some bigger pieces again already lol

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Tyranqueen for these figures are very nice has nothing to envy the company Invicta.  :)

postsaurischian

:D Beautiful figurines! Prehistoric Passions are making nice additions to the Antediluvia Collection.
      It's not a Lambeosaurus, it's a Corythosaurus and as almost every Antediluvia Collection figure
      (except for the Allosaurus and Tylosaurus) it can stand on the base without using any glue.

Libraraptor

PhilSauria

Very nice pieces, congats. They look very fragile, how durable are they?

ITdactyl

Sees TQ's post... dies of envy....

:D
Got the dippy too, but mine got hit by an asteroid during shipping.  He's in good shape now (thanks for your repair tips Tyrantqueen) but I couldn't get a good photo of him.

Quick question Tyrantqueen, does the Krentz triceratops feel lighter or heavier compared to the PP pentaceratops?
I'm looking for a 1/72 triceratops, and choosing between grabbing that or a print from shapeways.

tyrantqueen

QuoteQuick question Tyrantqueen, does the Krentz triceratops feel lighter or heavier compared to the PP pentaceratops?
I'm looking for a 1/72 triceratops, and choosing between grabbing that or a print from shapeways.
I think the PP Pentaceratops is actually heavier. But not by much.

QuoteIt's not a Lambeosaurus, it's a Corythosaurus and as almost every Antediluvia Collection figure
      (except for the Allosaurus and Tylosaurus) it can stand on the base without using any glue.
Thanks, I always get those two mixed up :-[

QuoteVery nice pieces, congats. They look very fragile, how durable are they?
They are display pieces, so they're not going to stand up to play. But they're fine if you just put them on a shelf.

QuoteAlways liked that Lambosaurus..David needs to get back to some bigger pieces again already lol
It's a shame he hasn't sculpted anything for a while, I loved his dinosaurs. Still, real life is more important :-X

Syndicate Bias

is most of your collection resin kits?

Shonisaurus

Tyrantqueen your photos of dinosaurs look fabulous. I especially like your ceraptosides.  :)

Tylosaurus

Love that Pentaceratops, just a shame not many others gave a go for makinga good Pentaceratops, well from what I have seen David Krentz was the only guy that made a decent model of it, unless there was one from an other ?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Great collection TQ :)

tyrantqueen

1/60 Ankylosaurus by Lone Trike Studios

With David Krentz's 1/72 Saichania

ITdactyl

Nice.  That ankylosaurus looks really good.  Is the skin on the underside meant to be spikey or are those resin flash?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 21, 2018, 10:43:51 PM
Nice.  That ankylosaurus looks really good.  Is the skin on the underside meant to be spikey or are those resin flash?

I don't think it's flash, it shows up on the listing photos :)

ITdactyl

Oh wow... I'm doubly impressed.  Can't make the excuse that my collection's mostly 1/72 - this is just too good to pass.... ;D

postsaurischian

This is a very beautiful Ankylosaurus, I like the spikey throad :) .
It reminds me a bit of the Shapeways Krentz mini figure, I like the momentum of that "one leg up" pose.
I think I'll have to order me one, too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: