News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Mattel) Hopes and Dreams

Started by Cretaceous Crab, May 06, 2018, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on July 09, 2018, 12:10:46 AM
Quote from: Takama on July 07, 2018, 11:43:33 PM
An IN SCALE Ornithopod.   Like Parasaurolophus and Corythosaurus.

But i think they will never make them, because may think Kids will think there BOREING ::)

Also, WHAT ON EARTH IS STOPPING THEM FROM MAKEING A BIG SAUROPOD?

They made a giant Space consumeing OUT OF SCALE Tyrannosaurus Rex, so why not a Equily sized IN SCALE Sauropod?

OH Wait, because they may think Kids will think there BOREING ::)

Well, they made Gallimimus, Minmi and Protoceratops. Relatively boring dinosaurs (in some childrens opinion, of course), even when compared to sauropods or hadrosaurs.

Personally I´d love more stegosaurs. A Kentrosaurus or a Chungkingosaurus in scale would be amazing.

Aside from PNSO, I can't picture too many companies attempting a Chungkingosaurus.  A few more ceratopsians are likely, especially a Sinoceratops.

IrritatorRaji

I would kill for a Brachiosaurus toy. It's sad that, for a dinosaur so iconic in the JP franchise, the only official JP toy that exists of it is:

Smilodon P.

I really miss an ornithopod and a sauropod in this line.

In my opinion, a roarivore parasaurolophus and a real feel young giraffati ... I mean, brachiosaurus... would be interesting to honor the films, as well as the earlier versions in toys.

However, if Mattle decides to focus on something new, I think the new games in this franchise (Jurassic World Evolution and JW Alive) are a good start. I don't like much of the way they portray some of the animals (for example, the deinonychus in the JWE and many creatures in JWA), but some are very interesting:

Jurassic World Alive feathered Erlikosaurus and Lythronax   

Jurassic World Evolution Giganotosaurus and Edmontosaur

(I must admit that I would immediately buy an edmontosaurus with this color and design.)

Loon

I would dig a Roland Tembo, as well as a pre-dirty triceratops in the legacy collection. Also, an Amanda Kirby with SFX..."ERIC!" Also a thrash and throw Spinosaurus with a ringtone sound effect.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Loon on July 09, 2018, 04:35:44 AM
Also a thrash and throw Spinosaurus with a ringtone sound effect.

THIS! Brilliant!

Rogue1stClass

Dream? A line of fully articulated animals like the Indoraptor. I want a sauropod (brach or bront) with a neck done like the tail of the Otachi David Silva did for NECA. I want articulated ankles, too, because articulated legs on quadrupeds are useless without them. I'll take them over knee joints. Other than the sauropod, this line doesn't have to have any new animals. I'd be happy with just a tyrannosaur, a carnotaur, a Baryonyx, and a trike. And make Triceratops to scale this time. Don't cheat by giving it a really long tail....

Vague but possible hope? A life sized compy. "Real feel" and articulated would be cool, but I'll take a plushy. Just not a statue.

Something that would be really cool would be Reel vs Real sets. A Blue figure beside a feathered Deinonychus. A spitter with a large, frill-less Dilo. A Gallimimus, feathered and no. In fact, now that I've said this, I want it more than the other things together...

Rogue1stClass

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 09, 2018, 12:21:19 AM
Aside from PNSO, I can't picture too many companies attempting a Chungkingosaurus.  A few more ceratopsians are likely, especially a Sinoceratops.

Unfortunately, the other ceratopsian in the movie was orginally Pachyrhinosaurus. They changed it to Sinoceratops during production, but the toys were already being made. So, there will be Sinoceratops, but it'll actually be Pachyrhinosaurus. It's possible they will fix this for the third film, but I don't they will before then.

ItsTwentyBelow

I know, not necessarily dino-related, but I think it would be cool to see some more human figures added to the Legacy Collection.

Since Mattel has given us the Jeep from the first movie, why not also release the Jeep driver with the mirrored aviator sunglasses? They could pack him with a mini Brachiosaurus in exclusive coloring to make the otherwise boring (to most fans) figure more of a seller. I just think it would be cool to see more background characters. They could release the Triceratops vet, too!

Dennis Nedry is a must. Give him his yellow raincoat and an exclusive mini Dilophosaurus, so we can make dioramas of him being attacked in his Jeep! And of course, the Barbasol can.

So many other characters to do, like an Eddie Carr that looks like Eddie Carr...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.