News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Mattel) Hopes and Dreams

Started by Cretaceous Crab, May 06, 2018, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

With all the hooplah regarding the new Jurassic World toy line from Mattel, I figured this warranted a thread of its own, especially since they have the Legacy Collection series that features characters from the previous films.

My thoughts if they can make a mosasaur nearly 2 ft long and a Tyrannosaurus that is 3 ft long, .....THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE LARGE SAUROPODS!

I wish they decide to make the following:
- Brachiosaurus  (from Jurassic Park)
- Mamenchisaurus (from the Lost World)
- Corythosaurus (from Jurassic Park III)
- Apatosaurus  (from Jurassic World)

...all of which would be to scale with the human figures & standard sized dinosaur figures.

mgaguilar

I would love to see Mattel's rendition of Indominus, given that the Hasbro representations are awful and ridden with bulletholes.

And definitely a Jungle/Bull Tyrannosaurus! Must have the green one!

Other than that, just better proportionality with feet would be amazing.

tanystropheus

Quote from: LeviRawl on May 06, 2018, 08:25:16 PM
With all the hooplah regarding the new Jurassic World toy line from Mattel, I figured this warranted a thread of its own, especially since they have the Legacy Collection series that features characters from the previous films.

My thoughts if they can make a mosasaur nearly 2 ft long and a Tyrannosaurus that is 3 ft long, .....THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE LARGE SAUROPODS!

I wish they decide to make the following:
- Brachiosaurus  (from Jurassic Park)
- Mamenchisaurus (from the Lost World)
- Corythosaurus (from Jurassic Park III)
- Apatosaurus  (from Jurassic World)

...all of which would be to scale with the human figures & standard sized dinosaur figures.

Exactly! They aren't shying away from deluxe figures, so there is no excuse for not releasing a sauropod!

Faelrin

I'd like to see Mattel make a rubbery skin Apatosaurus (similar to the Mosasaurus, and Kenner T. rex toys), an Indominus rex (EC maybe?), male/green Tyrannosaurus (ditto), a Parasaurolophus (in classic TLW colors), and perhaps a Brachiosaurus as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

For future toy lines I would love to see the following:

Parasaurolophus: If I don't get one in future lines by Mattel I will be very angry. I even though the way they could make a figure of it:
Roarivore style, push a botton on its back and it it will move its head forward, basically a head butting action. Maybe not the most appropriate feature for a Para, but we can pretend its moving his crest forward to amplify its calls. It´s sounds could be a trombone like sound and the sound that it makes during the TLW:JP stampede scene.

Indominus rex: They need to make one, I didn´t bought the big one hasbro made and it sells for ridiculous prices online. If they want to use the Extreme chompin feature I am fine with that, just remember to make it as big if not bigger that the Thrash n´throw T.rex. And also get rid of that stupid tongue.

Male T.rex: I would prefer a retool/repaint of the thrash n´throw rather than another extreme chompin rex, but I would take it anyway.

Troodon: Based on the tell tale game, nuff said.

Corythosaurus: Just retool and repaint that Parasaurolophus.

Sauropods: The problem with these guys is that apparently universal told them not to do them because they "won't sell". Hopefully they change their mind after the almost guaranteed success of this toy line and allow Mattel to take more risks, in that case, we all now what we want:
Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus. Having Mamenchisaurus would be awesome too, but lets try to be not too enthusiastic.

And of course, if they wan to give us more dinosaurs that we have never seen before in a JP toy line, bring them on!

Reptilia

I'd like to see an Indominus and a male T-Rex, both extreme chompin'. The T-Rex possibly not just a repaint, they can tweak some details here and there to make it different enough from the existing one.

Halichoeres

I liked the first movie, but I don't really have much nostalgia for...anything. And the newer movies interest me very little. So my wish, which has zero to do with the movies, is for the line is that they make some real weirdo creatures (like the Kenner line did for Lycaenops, Estemmenosuchus, and Ornithosuchus). If they end up going to the books for inspiration, I wouldn't mind a Cearadactylus or Dryosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

THORRIDUS89

A larger Triceratops and maybe painted up like the lost world one.

Gwangi

Without giving it too much though I know I wouldn't mind a large Ankylosaurus in scale with the Stegosaurus perhaps. It would have a similar action feature too where the tail swings side-to-side. Would be easy to hide the button within the osteoderms.

Loon

tanystropheus

Indominus Rex handled with the same quality of care as the newly released Rexes. Perhaps, even a glow in the dark version (should work well with the white/gray paint job).
T&T Spinosaurus.
Mamenchi, Apato, and Brachiosaurus
Corythosaurus (because, there aren't too many quality Corythosaurus out there)

Reptilia

Real feel Indominus! A Brachiosaurus would be better suited for this type of treatment, I guess, but I don't think they're up to produce something as massive as a sauropod toy. Unless they do it very small and blatantly out of scale with the rest of the line, which would be a bit pointless in my opinion.

terrorchicken

smaller versions of carnotuarus, stegosaurus, pachyrhinosaurus and ceratosaurus. I have space issues so I cant get the larger roaravore figures except maybe EC T-rex. Also a parasaurolophus with the Lost World coloring.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Loon on May 20, 2018, 06:11:06 AM
DENNIS. NEDRY. NOW.

I agree. The only figure Kenner made looked nothing like him.

I also wouldn't mind some more Legacy Collection vehicles, like the Jungle Exporer and maybe some of the rovers from TLW.

Flaffy

Blind pack minis with actually small species in scale with the human figures.
Compies and Microceratus would be perfect, along with a few other small species in the books.

tanystropheus

If they don't want to commit, they can have a Brachiosaurus build-a-figure released with some of the other dinosaur purchases.

Gwangi

I feel like after a particular scene in the movie that they NEED to make a large Brachiosaurus.

Takama

An IN SCALE Ornithopod.   Like Parasaurolophus and Corythosaurus.

But i think they will never make them, because may think Kids will think there BOREING ::)

Also, WHAT ON EARTH IS STOPPING THEM FROM MAKEING A BIG SAUROPOD?

They made a giant Space consumeing OUT OF SCALE Tyrannosaurus Rex, so why not a Equily sized IN SCALE Sauropod?

OH Wait, because they may think Kids will think there BOREING ::)

I hope they prove me wrong though.

As for the more likly Wants and Wishes Well.

An Extreme Chomping Indominous Rex.    Yes I said it.     These Hybrids grew on me. But only because i know we seen the last of them

How about a Rorivores Utahraptor?   Made Scaly like the old Kenner Toy?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on July 07, 2018, 09:07:07 PM
Blind pack minis with actually small species in scale with the human figures.
Compies and Microceratus would be perfect, along with a few other small species in the books.

Yeah, to me that would make the minis potentially worth getting. The park in the book had Cearadactylus, Dryosaurus, and Othnielia (Othnielosaurus), all of which need good toy versions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PumperKrickel

deleted

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: