News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo--new for 2019

Started by brettnj, March 29, 2019, 05:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

stargatedalek

Tyrannosaurus is kinda cute, looks like a little hatchling stretching.

CityRaptor

Something just came to my mind: Are we sure the little fellow is Tyrannosaurus? Because if it is a companion piece to the Anchiceratops, it would make more sense if it was Albertosaurus or Daspletosaurus. Not that one can tell due to being stylized.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 09, 2019, 04:24:58 PM
Something just came to my mind: Are we sure the little fellow is Tyrannosaurus? Because if it is a companion piece to the Anchiceratops, it would make more sense if it was Albertosaurus or Daspletosaurus. Not that one can tell due to being stylized.
It says on the ad that it's a Tyrannosaurus

CityRaptor

Where does it say that? Seems to be the same text as the one for the Anchiceratops for me.
Oh no

Halichoeres

The line of text just below the Kaiyodo logo at upper left contains the names of the dinosaurs. If you look closely, the second and third characters from the right on that line are different. The rest of the writing talks about the material and the sculptor (Matsumura).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Ah, there it is. Thanks. 

But really, pairing Anchiceratops and T.rex seems odd. Of course they were both in Dinotales Series 7, but that would be an obscure hommage.
Oh no

Ravonium

Does anyone know if there's any specific fossil/s the Dinosaur Expo mosasaur is based on?

BrontoScorpio

So,
Has anyone bothered to buy this huge & expensive kit -
and can share his opinion on the item ? :

Over9K

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 25, 2020, 08:16:13 AM
So,
Has anyone bothered to buy this huge & expensive kit -
and can share his opinion on the item ? :

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on October 12, 2019, 04:35:14 PM
Does anyone know if there's any specific fossil/s the Dinosaur Expo mosasaur is based on?

Wanted to quote this because I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone know?

Halichoeres

Good question. The mosasaur I associate most with Japan is Phosphorosaurus, but the figure doesn't look like Phosphorosaurus. Also, the figure is specifically labeled "Mosasaurinae," and Phosphorosaurus is a halosaurine. The only mosasaurine that I know of that has been found in Japan is Kourisodon, but there might be specimens in preparation that I'm not aware of that inform the figure. Was there a skeleton at the exhibit? If we know what the skeleton pertained to, that's a clue to the figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.