News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fantasia - The Rite of Spring Collection

Started by Loon, December 30, 2018, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I spotted this image on Google and I have very little information on it. I'll admit, I did a very brief search; but, I'm not finding much outside of the same image. Are these official? To me, they look homemade, but, a lot of results say "antique" and "vintage", so, that could explain it. If anyone's got any info, let me know.

Roselaar

Homemade or not, I love them!

I have never heard of this before though. I doubt it's legit.

Takama

They were made as an expiriment to see how much people would pay for vintage models on Ebay.

They were made by a Sculptor in Prehistoric times Magazine, who does what if Figures from Vintage companys. He put these up on Ebay with a very vauge description, and pretending that the Buyer had no idea what he had.   

I have the Issue that it was fetured in.   So no, these are not official releases.

Libraraptor

Is it the same gut who did what if Invictas?  They were so stunning,  wish they could find their way to an official release.

Loon

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 04, 2019, 09:57:27 PM
Is it the same gut who did what if Invictas?  They were so stunning,  wish they could find their way to an official release.
Unless its Sorcerer's Apprentice related, Disney never does anything with Fantasia. Hopefully they make something for its 80th in 2020.

Digibasherx

any links for the what-if? Invictas?  I'd like to see those.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Digibasherx on January 05, 2019, 05:13:41 AM
any links for the what-if? Invictas?  I'd like to see those.
bild als link

Sorry for the bad Quality. HereĀ“s a Picture from the Prehistoric Times issue 112, where they show hypothetical Invictas,  had the line continued. An interesting thought and sculpting Experiment.

Halichoeres

Would have been cool if Invicta had lasted long enough to make an Invicta Invictarx.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Another shot of the not-Invictas. Still a little vague, but my, would this have been awesome...  ^-^

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on January 07, 2019, 10:28:49 PM
Another shot of the not-Invictas. Still a little vague, but my, would this have been awesome...  ^-^

Always makes me drool!

ITdactyl

People keep sharing these... I keep wanting that Invicta Quetz....

laticauda

Quote from: Loon on January 05, 2019, 02:03:13 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 04, 2019, 09:57:27 PM
Unless its Sorcerer's Apprentice related, Disney never does anything with Fantasia. Hopefully they make something for its 80th in 2020.
That would be cool. Fantasia is one of my favorite movies as I enjoy the music with the animation.  Unfortunately Fantasia is not the most profitable of franchises from Disney so with the exception of Mickey's in Sorcerer's Apprentice garb I doubt they would make cool toys from Rite of Spring.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.