News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Crocodile Rock!

Started by ZoPteryx, February 10, 2013, 06:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

I'm looking forward to papo kapro!

AcroSauroTaurus

My crocodilians. (I mixed my modern ones with my extinct ones for this photo, so I could post it on both forums)

Figures:
CollectA Nile Crocodile
Schleich old Nile Crocodile
Safari Nile Crocodile
Safari Prehistoric Crocs Toob Sarcosuchus, Montealtosuchus, Postosuchus, Dakosaurus, Pristichampsus, Desmatosuchus, Champsosaurus.
Safari Prehistoric Sealife Toob Metriorhynchus
Animal Planet Crocodiles and Alligators box Crocodiles(the brown one in front, and the green one on the Schleichs back, I lost the rest when I was younger) Now retired
Animal Planet Safari Bin Crocodile(In front of the Sarcosuchus) also retired
Random Yellow Croc and grey Croc
Pewter Crocodile figurine

TLW Ornithosuchus

Papo Kaprosuchus x2
I am the Dinosaur King!

Megalosaurus

Recently I found this vintage diorama of unknown maker. I didn't bought it (cost $300+shipping), so I posted the link in the New in eBay thread.

Is the best desmatosuchus I've seen.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Halichoeres

Some recent releases

The good:

(Safari Prestosuchus)

The bad (because of the osteoderms, it's actually nice otherwise):

PNSO Dakosaurus

and the ugly:

(Dino Mecard Armadillosuchus)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Posted this in my collection thread, but forgot to put it here:

Sonokong Armadillosuchus (Dino Mecard)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

suspsy

Deinosuchus (Recur), Plesiosuchus (Safari), and Sarcosuchus (Mojo Fun).

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

The new Safari Sarcosuchus with the Carnegie Deinosuchus:

Ikessauro

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 19, 2020, 06:43:17 PM
The new Safari Sarcosuchus with the Carnegie Deinosuchus:

Wow, by far the best Sarcosuchus around. Looks even better than I expected judging from the promo pics.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 19, 2020, 07:25:46 PM
Wow, by far the best Sarcosuchus around. Looks even better than I expected judging from the promo pics.

That's right:)

Shonisaurus

Sarcosuchus is bigger than I expected since it is almost the same size as Carnegie's deinosuchus, that is good and great news for me.

indohyus

Just curious, but do phytosaurs get a mention here or just true crocs?

Halichoeres

Quote from: indohyus on February 14, 2020, 07:02:00 PM

avatar_indohyus @indohyus Hard to say! In some phylogenies, they look like croc-line archosaurs, although I think there's more support for their being stem-archosaurs. We don't have a thread for that, but maybe we should start one. Of course, they also have a home in the Triassic toys thread.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 13, 2020, 03:28:15 AM

avatar_indohyus @indohyus Hard to say! In some phylogenies, they look like croc-line archosaurs, although I think there's more support for their being stem-archosaurs. We don't have a thread for that, but maybe we should start one. Of course, they also have a home in the Triassic toys thread.

Whether they are crocodiles or not, the phytosaurus are interesting to me and I would like someday that some brand of toy dinosaurs make a smilosuchus or rutiodon the same size as the roundondasaurus from Favorite Soft Model at least. I honestly don't care about the scale.

frank08

Does Pristichampsus/Boverisuchus count?
"How many kinds of dinosaurs would it take to keep a giant carnivore (Tyrannosaurus) well fed? Just about all of them, Torosaurus meat is one of T. rex's personal favorites"- Ben Stiller Prehistoric Planet

And check my art here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8741.msg259622#new

Here is my collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg260287#msg260287

And here are my favorite figures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0

SBell

Quote from: frank08 on June 23, 2020, 06:21:09 PM
Does Pristichampsus/Boverisuchus count?

They're part of Crocodilia (under either name), so sure, why not?

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 13, 2020, 03:28:15 AM

It gets really hard when we try to be both cladistic and 'figure shape oriented'. Depending on the interpretation you follow, including the phytosaurs could mean including all of the Archosauria (dino/bird line and croc etc line), or not, and phytosaurs are the sister group to all of them. In other, the phytosaurs are basal to the rest of the croc line, and the dino/birds are the sister to all of that.

I say go nuts. We will understand.

frank08

Cool! I made a new thread called "Frank08's Favorite Dinosaur Figures". You should check it out.
"How many kinds of dinosaurs would it take to keep a giant carnivore (Tyrannosaurus) well fed? Just about all of them, Torosaurus meat is one of T. rex's personal favorites"- Ben Stiller Prehistoric Planet

And check my art here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8741.msg259622#new

Here is my collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg260287#msg260287

And here are my favorite figures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.