News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ecosystems of Beasts of the Mesozoic species

Started by Sim, August 12, 2022, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Yes Tenontosaurus is a must, especially with the upcoming Acrocanthosaurus and Sauropelta, and potentially Deinonychus some day as well. And of course Tenontosaurus is also lacking in any (mass produced) accurate figures currently as well.

Edit: Anzu would be another I would love to see from the Hell Creek formation. Not only does it have decent remains, but the only figure of it currently is Safari Ltd's. I'm sure there's probably other oviraptorosaurs that can be done as well, but that might be my favorite other then Citipati (which is another I'd like to see, to go alongside the 1/18 scale Velociraptor and Protoceratops).

Edit 2: Corythoraptor and Heyuannia as well. The latter which had those beautiful blue eggs preserved if I recall correctly, which would make a nice accessory alongside it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

A Botm Torvosaurus would be a dream come true!

Sim

I would love to see the Djadochta Formation ecosystem be expanded!  Citipati is a great choice for that, it would go very well with the Velociraptor and Protoceratops!  It would be a nice size in 1:18 scale, I would like to have one even as someone who doesn't much like oviraptorosaurs.  Another species from the Djadochta Formation that would go well with these animals is the troodontid Saurornithoides.  It's a dream of mine to have a Velociraptor and Saurornithoides in the same scale.  And to have a nice figure of Saurornithoides.  One other species that would be good to have from this formation is Halszkaraptor which I know there's demand for.  There's nothing like it currently available.

Another species from the Hell Creek Formation I'd like to have is Champsosaurus laramiensis.  It's an amazing reptile that survived the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction.  It's also known from very good remains and has an interesting appearance.  For all these reasons I think it would be great to have a BotM figure of it.  If a BotM figure of it does well it could also be repainted to represent Champsosaurus natator from the Dinosaur Park Formation.

Sim

David has said Cyberzoic is planned to be in 1:18 scale so the scale for Allosaurus jimmadseni and Deinonychus in the first post matches that.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on September 06, 2022, 07:09:56 PMAnother species from the Hell Creek Formation I'd like to have is Champsosaurus laramiensis.  It's an amazing reptile that survived the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction.  It's also known from very good remains and has an interesting appearance.  For all these reasons I think it would be great to have a BotM figure of it.  If a BotM figure of it does well it could also be repainted to represent Champsosaurus natator from the Dinosaur Park Formation.

As much as I'd like BotM to be a little more accurately named by incorporating the Triassic, Champsosaurus would be sort of the next best thing, in that they're a sauropsid lineage with no close living relatives. It would definitely be a cool thing to include.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I'm hopeful that Beasts of the Mesozoic will eventually include Triassic animals. :)

Sim

I've added the 1:18 Velociraptor o. to the list. :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.