News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Grrrrrrrr to Amazon

Started by khallam, July 25, 2019, 07:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khallam

Hello,

Due to Everything Dinosaur being out of stock and the fact that I had a gift card balance on my account I reluctantly ordered two Papo models from Amazon. They arrived today and to say I am disappointed is an understatement. I ordered Papo 55007 - Stegosaurus and Papo 55078 - Allosaurus. Steg came with only half its back plates painted and Al had bent spines.

Sorry avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur I will know better next time and patients is a virtue.

stargatedalek

Amazon has garbage customer satisfaction and return policies. Contact Papo directly and ask that these clearly damaged and defective models be replaced. They might be nice and accommodate you over Amazons head.

Everything_Dinosaur

We are sorry to hear about your problems, unfortunately, Amazon does not have a very good reputation for customer care.  At Everything Dinosaur, if a product is out of stock you can join a waitlist on the product page for that item and as soon at it comes back into stock you get an automatic email informing you that the model is available again.  Alternatively, you can always email us, we are happy to set aside models for our customers and then email them when products arrive.  We have just received a special delivery from Papo, the last of a group of retired models that were being held back especially for us, we have the original Papo Allosaurus, Archaeopteryx, the green Velociraptor, the blue Velociraptor and the original Oviraptor model now available.

If you have been disappointed by your experience with Amazon, perhaps being able to get a couple of these difficult to obtain Papo figures might make you feel a little better.  The Papo range, including the rare ones can be found here: https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product-category/models-and-inflatables/papo-dinosaurs-and-papo-prehistoric-animal-models/  If you spot anything out of stock, just email us at [email protected] and we can update you on stock availability and even put you on a reserve list for that item if you want.

PhilSauria

Good to hear ED - nice to see that some companies still understand the concept of customer service. Amazon will not even send many items to potential customers here in Australia!

I used to order form ED in the past and found the service excellent, it's a pity that shipping rates from the UK to Australia have risen to the point where they are now as I can no longer afford to place orders, much as I'd like to.

Takama

This is why i given up on Papo. There paint apps have gone down the ****** for the older models you specified.

Im speaking as someone who has boght papo in the past, at a time when there models were TOP NOTCH. and gave up the collection, only to start again to find out that they dont care about there older products ::)

tanystropheus

Are you guys sure you aren't purchasing bootlegs (or are these reissues of generation 1 models?)? I've bought several Papos, both old and new, (mostly from Amazon US) and I have not had a single badly painted Papo.

Shonisaurus

Almost all the novelties of PNSO 2019 dinosaurs and the three Mojo dinosaurs apart from prehistoric mammals (entelodon and hyenodon) from AAA I bought them from Amazon from various merchants and I can assure 100% that all the figures arrived in perfect conditions. To date I have no complaints from Amazon. I have bought everything from cleaning products to books and I can assure you that I have never received any item with any damage. This is my personal experience.

As for the Amazon Papo dinosaurs I can not comment since except for the spinosaurus special version (commissioned to urzeitshop and everythingdinosaurs a copy in each store) the pentaceratops, gorgosaurus and stegosaurus of Papo I will commission them to my Science Museum Store Natural my lifelong shop since I was young and I will wait for whatever it takes and the same I can say about Schleich's plesiosaurus and Collecta's figures (elasmotherium, baryonyx and fukuiraptor).

Halichoeres

Amazon is garbage for books. They always arrive scuffed or dented, as they just throw them in the box with no packing material. I have stopped buying almost anything from Amazon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Yep. Of course getting an English language book in German retail stores can be tough. Tried it a few months ago and they could not help me.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

I also have to recognize that on Amazon I bought only books from my nation. It may be a reason that you have a favorable opinion for Amazon books. Another thing is that the books requested on Amazon are outside your home country. I have to say that I only bought native books so it can be my opinion quite partial. Although ... now I remember that I bought a book from Argentina, whose book was sold by a store is in California (USA) (prehistoric mammals of South America) of the publishing house Álbatros and sincerely received that magnificent book that is not sold in my nation in perfect condition and well packed.