You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beijing Museum of Natural History - "New" for 2020

Started by Flaffy, September 30, 2021, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

So somehow this flew under the radar for almost a year. Here goes:

Beijing Museum of Natural History 80th anniversary special edition Lufengosaurus model.
https://zhongchou.modian.com/item/103782.html

Crowdfunding campaign info:
Spoiler

[close]

Product photos (and prices):
Spoiler

[close]

In-Hand pics:

Concavenator

ceratopsian

That is rather charming and I would have liked one - but getting one is probably impossible!  I have a soft spot for Lufengosaurus.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on September 30, 2021, 05:15:36 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy That's cool! Do you know where this could be bought?
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 30, 2021, 05:17:56 PM
That is rather charming and I would have liked one - but getting one is probably impossible!  I have a soft spot for Lufengosaurus.

They can be found on second-hand markets like Xianyu. A proxy service like Superbuy will likely be required to obtain this figure.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy.  I think that process is beyond my internet skills!

Halichoeres

That's an interesting figure, but it should be bipedal, should it not? How is the CollectA the only one that manages that?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Flaffy on October 03, 2021, 09:36:38 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on September 30, 2021, 05:15:36 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy That's cool! Do you know where this could be bought?
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 30, 2021, 05:17:56 PM

They can be found on second-hand markets like Xianyu. A proxy service like Superbuy will likely be required to obtain this figure.

I wrote a mail three weeks ago directly to the museum asking how to obtain the figure, but unfortunately haven`t received any reply as of yet. So that proxy will probably be required indeed.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.