You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Off to go buy dinos tonight! [Suggestions?]

Started by Weaver, September 03, 2012, 07:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Alrighty, I saw these at Hobby Lobby on Friday but now I'm off to snatch a few. I found a ton of the Papo and Safari Ltd figures in the Clearance bin. D: Man.

I can't use my coupons on them though. They have the Allo, Styraco, Oviraptor, and Pachyrhinosaurus. Mojo ones were the Smilodon and Stego. Wild Safari had the Dracorex and I didn't pay attention to the others. I think I'll snag the Allo from Papo and a Dracorex from Safari but do you all have any other suggestions? If I see it in Clearance (or not) I'd greatly appreciate your input folks

Takama

AH   

Well It all depends on your tastes.   

I would get the Papo Allo Pachyrhinosaurus and Dracorex

Gwangi

Quote from: Weaver on September 03, 2012, 07:43:59 PM
Alrighty, I saw these at Hobby Lobby on Friday but now I'm off to snatch a few. I found a ton of the Papo and Safari Ltd figures in the Clearance bin. D: Man.

I can't use my coupons on them though. They have the Allo, Styraco, Oviraptor, and Pachyrhinosaurus. Mojo ones were the Smilodon and Stego. Wild Safari had the Dracorex and I didn't pay attention to the others. I think I'll snag the Allo from Papo and a Dracorex from Safari but do you all have any other suggestions? If I see it in Clearance (or not) I'd greatly appreciate your input folks

It really is up to your personal tastes but I suggest perhaps reading the reviews over at the blog, they may help you come to a conclusion. If you care about accuracy I would avoid the Oviraptor at all costs, it is abysmal. If you like retro dinosaurs though than it may be worth getting. You can't go wrong with the Allosaurus or either ceratopsian and I highly suggest those three. The Allosaurus in particular is IMO one of the best dinosaur models out there for the price, my favorite from Papo.
The two ceratopsians are very similar and some parts were re-cycled from the pachy for the Styracosaurus so that may influence your decision. Regardless they're both excellent models and if you're into ceratopsians you must get at least one of them.
I just bought the Dracorex and though I have not received it yet I would recommend that one. I'm not really familiar with Mojo and don't own any of them but I know they aren't of the greatest quality, I do however think their Stegosaurus is kind of cute.

Weaver

@Takama: And the Pachy? Ooo. Hmm.

@Gwangi: Yeah, I was just listing those and I always check the blog reviews first. You all keep up will always avoid that Oviatrocity. XD I picked it up one time and was like, "What the heck is this?" I think I will definitely end up with a Papo Allo (it's crazy amazing) and the Styraco as well. The Dracorex is a given too. Oh gosh, the Stego is adorable. I picked it up and it's really charming. I'm leaving in an hour to go pick these up and ooo! So excited!

Horridus

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

(The 'Oviatrocity' has a deal of potential, you know. :P )

pylraster

Man, you're lucky wherever you live if you can find Papos and Carnegies at clearance sales. The best thing we have in my country are the Schleichs, and everything else I have to order online. So go and pick the Dracorex and the Papo Allo! They're really great figures!

Gwangi

Quote from: pylraster on September 04, 2012, 04:05:49 AM
Man, you're lucky wherever you live if you can find Papos and Carnegies at clearance sales. The best thing we have in my country are the Schleichs, and everything else I have to order online. So go and pick the Dracorex and the Papo Allo! They're really great figures!

I agree. Almost all my purchases are made online. I probably have about a dozen dinosaurs I've found in stores (and museum gift shops) and those stores still carry the same models even three years later.

Weaver

@Himmapaan: I know... but I don't have the materials or know-how to modify it like that. D: I'd have to practice on something else first.

@Horridus: Yeeeees. I wanna paint it and make it even prettier though. 

@pylraster: Aww, see I'm just a little leery of online things. I was so shocked they were in Clearance though! Must be making way for the next batch of dinos. D:

@Gwangi: Come here and we can go to all the stores and buy all the dinos. And nice thing about going to the store is: I can pick the one with the nicest paint-job too. ;)

Update: Hobby Lobby closed early. Dinosaurs on Thursday when the Redline runs then! *hopes they are still there*

Weaver

Update: Got the Papo Stryacosaurus (Clearance @ $7.19) as I was buying up art-supplies. I'll get the Allo and the Safari Dracorex another day when I can use my 40% coupon. :D You all were right, I love the Stryacosaurus. The skin is so cool. I just, wow. I may repaint it someday.