News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Inspired by palaeoart

Started by DinoToyForum, May 13, 2012, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

I always assumed they were by Dixon himself.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

postsaurischian

???  These stamps are from 2019. Was it before or after the Schleich figure?

DinoToyForum

Wow, they are identical. Another important consideration - did the artwork exist elsewhere prior to being featured on a stamp?

PrimevalRaptor

This seems to be a photomanipulation, the image on the stamp seems to align almost perfectly with the promo picture for the Dracorex. So I'd assume some time after the Dracorex was revealed.

DinoToyForum

Yes, that would be my suspicion as well: the 'artwork' is essentially the stock photo.

CityRaptor

Wouldn't be the first time. I've seen plenty of stamps doing that. Often those come from African countries, and Congo is one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

I saw this Todd Marshall Neovenator piece in the Mojo fun thread:

It seems to have been the inspiration behind the Favorite Neovenator.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 01, 2020, 02:14:36 PM
Yes, that would be my suspicion as well: the 'artwork' is essentially the stock photo.

Honestly it looks like none of the artwork there is by the same artist; there's a very Luis Rey Amargasaurus hanging out down the bottom and the submerged Opthalmosaurus in the stamp is basically the WWD toy.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.