News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bahariasaurus

Started by TheAllosaur, September 21, 2012, 02:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAllosaur

Does anyone have any clue what Bahariasaurus, Deltadromeus and Sigilmassasaurus are? (i consider Sgilmassasaurus a bahariasaur)
I mean, some sources say abelisaur, some coelourosaur, some noasaurid (i know, abelisaur  ^-^)
Do you guys have ideas? I want to illustrate them all..
Part-time genius!

Takama

The only one of those Dino's that i heard of was Deltadromeus.

Carnegie Replica

It was a large Ceratosaur with unusually long legs that lived in Africa during the late Cretaceous period.  The skull of it is also unknown

Thats all i know of it. I have no clue about those other dinos :-[

Yutyrannus

Deltadromaeus is a noasaurid. Also Bahariosaurus and Deltadromaeus are probably the same thing.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

TheAllosaur

I knew that they were probably the same thing and a ceratosaur, but, I can't help but find it odd that a noasaur that barely resembled a noasaur was a noasaur and was WAY bigger than the rest. Man, I'll now do some research.
Part-time genius!

Gryphoceratops

The reason why there is confusion is probably because the animals in question are pretty fragmentary and scientists classify them only the best they can.  It makes me think of the situation cryolophosaurus- some say its a ceratosaur some say its a very early member of tetanurae. 

Dinoguy2

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 21, 2012, 01:14:02 PM
I knew that they were probably the same thing and a ceratosaur, but, I can't help but find it odd that a noasaur that barely resembled a noasaur was a noasaur and was WAY bigger than the rest. Man, I'll now do some research.

We don't really have enough of the skeleton to say if they looked like noasaurs or not. Minus the skull, what would you say a noasaur looks like? Some have even suggested they were related to Limusaurus and were giant, toothless herbivores. They're too fragmentary to know either way.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

TheAllosaur

yeah, I've heard the Limusaurus or Elaphrosaur thing. Maybe I'll try that.
Part-time genius!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.