You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosauri in carne e ossa

Started by Leyster, April 04, 2020, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

It's a traveling exibit in Italy. Models are made by Geomodel (http://geomodel.it/it/paleontologia/) under the scrutiny of paleontologists such as Simone Maganuco. Here are the photos I took when the exibit was in Bergamo (Northern Italy)

Indricotherium transouralicum

Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai

Citipati osmolskae

Diplocaulus salamandroides

Ticinosuchus ferox

Dracorex hogwartsia

Allosaurus fragilis

Scipionyx samniticus

"Tito", unnamed italian titanosauriform

Tethyshadros insularis

Thylacine

Arthropelura
https://i.imgur.com/yX20SLz.jpg

Styracosaurus albertensis

Stegosaurus stenops

Parasaurolophus walkeri

It was an entire model, not just the head, but the room was too small to photograph it, so here is a photo took (if I remember correctly) from their Facebook page

Dilophosaurus wetherilli

Diplodocus longus (again, the thing was impossible to photograph, so photo taken from rainews.it). Its pose looks a lot like a real life version of the Battat Diplodocus

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

Wow. Those life-sized models are impressive.

Leyster

Quote from: Concavenator on April 04, 2020, 03:17:43 PM
Wow. Those life-sized models are impressive.
Some are amazingly lifelike, probably among the better ones I've ever seen, in my opinion in the same league of Czerkas' and CMStudio's sculptures.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Shonisaurus

I would like a brand of prehistoric animal toys to make a paraceratherium as beautiful as that of that exhibition, on the other hand the thylacine when looking at it and knowing that it recently disappeared relatively makes me very sorry it seems a soul in pain. On the other hand, the ticinosuchus and arthropelura are also remarkable figures within non-dinosaurs and ... well, all dinosaurs look magnificent. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Jose S.M.

Beautiful reconstructions. I like their color schemes, particularly the Styracosaurus with that blue colors used very nicely.

Libraraptor

Very good models indeed!  Thanks for sharing!
It means dinosaurs in flesh and blood,  right?

Leyster

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 04, 2020, 10:29:39 PM
Exactly!

There were other animal too (a ground sloth, a Megaladapis, a retro dromaeosaur, an Ornitholestes, an Ichthyostega and an irish elk), but they were quite difficult to photograph due the tight space inside the museum.
Also there was a display with Anomalocaris and Opabinia, but I don't know if they were part of the exibit or a normal musum display.

Loon

Fantastic photos. Some of these are so beautiful; that Allosaurus is gorgeous looking and really intimidating. I don't think I've ever seen a life size Thylacine model.

It's so strange that none of the museums around me have any permanent models, it think they're so helpful for science communication.

Leyster

These are not permanent either, I think that after the exibit they ended up in a sort of "dino park".

brontosauruschuck

These are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

Halichoeres

Those are some nice models, thanks for sharing these photos!

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 04, 2020, 10:29:39 PM
I think it's flesh and bone
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Leyster

Halichoeres's right, I probably saw that the word started with B and automatically read it "bones"  ;D

ceratopsian

Very nice models indeed.  Thank you!  I would love to have something in my collection with the Tethyshadros colour scheme. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.