News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

^that's a repaint,  I have the original figure. I hope we get some prehistoric mammals next year but I know its unlikely.

suspsy

Not exactly a promising start.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

You can use coupon code DEC15 between now and 10AM Eastern Time on December 13 for 15% everything on Safari's web site.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Duck on October 14, 2021, 04:15:05 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on October 12, 2021, 02:59:31 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 12, 2021, 01:06:37 PM
I actually rather like the 2021 Spinosaurus, but I sure as hell hope that future Safari products aren't made from the same cheap, brittle plastic.
SAME! that's my biggest gripe with these new figures.
My Deinonychus lost its foot. I don't even know how.
Well, my Quianzhousaurus just lost one of its toes, and I too haven't got a clue when or how. My suspicion is that the stiffer plastic was meant to prevent their theropods from toppling over. Too stiff and brittle, I'd guess.

Lynx

Came back to this thread to point something out.
That Baryonyx has an oddly familiar paint scheme.

Reminds me of a certain Favorite Co figure..  ;)

EDIT: To prevent anything from going down, at first glance the colors seemed similar, I am not saying Safari copied them AT ALL
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Noted! The Favorite was a fine figure, and the Safari is rather similar in a couple of ways, though it has the great advantage of being readily available. I got my Favorite Baryonyx though Brett; otherwise it would have cost a small fortune on eBay.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.