News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

The colours on that baby T. rex are very similar to the feathered one's. Perhaps that means Safari really will eventually release repaints of their Pteranodon, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Triceratops. I'd be tempted to buy them just to brighten up my collection some more.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Oh,  those new colors look good. I usually don't buy repaints, but I think it would make a nice companion piece to the normal one. Probably facing each other, so that the identical scars are not that obvious.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SidB

This is a wonderful development and bodes well for the possibility of future repaints of some excellent figures. I 'd really like to see what could be done with the Triceratops and Stegosaurus figures in particular. This is not to say that some new sculpts wouldn't be welcome too.

suspsy

So as you can see, the new T. rex is supposed to represent this one from the movie:

I wonder if this means Safari's going to give us a blue Ankylosaurus and a purple Brachiosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thedeadlymoose

Wow! That's gorgeous. The original was already my favorite Tyrannosaurus figure, so I'm excited to have two variations.

Bring on the repaints. :)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Skorpio V. on June 04, 2021, 07:04:43 PM
They look nicely, painted; needless to say I'm ecstatic for the potential this holds for repaints (crossing my fingers for a repainted quetzalcoatlus), the Dino Dan series in general has had really good concept art, colour-wise https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YazzAb

These Sauropod feet are straight out of hell. :-D 

I kind of like the Baby Quetz, Stegosaurus and Triceratops. The more i look at PNSOs and CollectAs Baby T. rex, the more i think i need them. Why not a few Babyanimals.

PrimevalRaptor

Wow, that's a really lovely repaint! Love the way the yellow makes the feathers pop.

Fembrogon

I've been seeing that repaint advertised on Safari ltd.'s Facebook page and I was completely surprised; but I'll join the chorus and say I like it! I've already got the original, but I'm tempted to get this one too - might make a good mated pair.

Shonisaurus

I also like repainting. Although I like the most realistic and conservative colors, I will not exactly disgust this new repaint of the feathered tyrannosaurus from Safari, I find it an extremely attractive figure even with that repaint.

GojiraGuy1954

Oh god, that new Rex looks really really bad. The body and tail is really nice but everything past the shoulders kinda ruins it for me
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on June 12, 2021, 10:04:31 AM
https://youtu.be/eOZsJoJ7ns8
I agree  with DinoScream, this will pair nicely with the older paint version. I think that the CollectA juvenile is still the best bet as their offspring, especially with a custom repaint, and maybe a repositioning of the head, so as to accommodate more than one of them for the sake of a diversity of poses.

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on June 05, 2021, 03:14:04 AM
So as you can see, the new T. rex is supposed to represent this one from the movie:

I wonder if this means Safari's going to give us a blue Ankylosaurus and a purple Brachiosaurus.

Or a Dracorex that looks like the one from Schleich

Shonisaurus

I honestly like the paint job but being I also have to say that this painting seems unreal to me it is too fantastic, it is a paint job anyway attractive, colorful and fun but in my case I prefer my current feathered tyrannosaurus rex, I I would have liked another painting for that tyrannosaurus, although for me everything that comes from the Safari brand seems phenomenal in this case I am not going to spend my money on that figure, no matter how beautiful the paint job is, I prefer to invest it in others more realistic painted Safari figures.

Concavenator

avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson Don't know if this has been said before, but does the new Baryonyx have lips? Since it has its mouth open and since it's a spinosaur, I can't really tell. It looks like it does, but I'm not totally sure.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Concavenator on June 18, 2021, 10:58:48 PM
avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson Don't know if this has been said before, but does the new Baryonyx have lips? Since it has its mouth open and since it's a spinosaur, I can't really tell. It looks like it does, but I'm not totally sure.

No lips.

Concavenator

Thanks for the answer, Doug! Certainly makes sense for a spinosaurid.

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on June 04, 2021, 04:02:37 PM
I actually like this paintjob more than the original, and I don't actually have the original yet. Shameful I know, but I think I'll pick up this one instead.
I started to place an order directly with Safari tonight- price shipped to Toronto was $85 USD! With currency exchange, that shifts from crazy to impossible. Hopefully there will be a cheaper way. $35 shipping plus taxi is absurd, considering first rate products get sent from China at a minuscule fraction of this price. No, I didn't place the order.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on June 12, 2021, 06:49:32 PM
Quote from: suspsy on June 05, 2021, 03:14:04 AM

Or a Dracorex that looks like the one from Schleich

avatar_Takama @Takama Schleich's Dracorex (2019) was clearly modeled after the Dino Dan Dracorex, seen at around 0:35 in this YouTube trailer from 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a87cTBAmQ7U

On another note, Safari's Dino Dana page also includes these books:

Volume 1 is dinosaurs proper, volume 2 is everything else. I admit Volume 2 is a bit tempting, and I'd certainly rather buy a book from Safari than from A***on.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: