News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoxels

Don't want to make a whole new thread for this, but I think it's likely that it's that time again!
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SidB

I hope so, October seems to be the month, the last couple of years. It will be fascinating to see what emerges after Safari's move the past year and the impact from the pandemic.

suspsy

I hope it's not three more theropods. Although I wouldn't be sad if they were an ornithomimosaur, a therizinosaur, and a troodontid.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

In before it's two Tyrannosaurs and a new Spinosaurus version, progressively more and more shrinkwrapped from the last.

Dinoxels

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 12, 2021, 04:45:21 AM
In before it's two Tyrannosaurs and a new Spinosaurus version, progressively more and more shrinkwrapped from the last.
Wow that's a really negative outlook, only the Spinosaurus was slightly shrinkwrapped last year.

suspsy

I actually rather like the 2021 Spinosaurus, but I sure as hell hope that future Safari products aren't made from the same cheap, brittle plastic.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: suspsy on October 12, 2021, 03:06:10 AM
I hope it's not three more theropods. Although I wouldn't be sad if they were an ornithomimosaur, a therizinosaur, and a troodontid.
now I'm just going to be disappointed when this doesn't happen
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dinoxels

Quote from: suspsy on October 12, 2021, 01:06:37 PM
I actually rather like the 2021 Spinosaurus, but I sure as hell hope that future Safari products aren't made from the same cheap, brittle plastic.
SAME! that's my biggest gripe with these new figures.

Bread

Quote from: Dinoxels on October 12, 2021, 02:59:31 PM
That and the small size of the figure were the real issue. I thought it was a beautiful sculpt with wonderful colors. If anything I'd like to have some larger similar in size figures to their feathered rex.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Dinoxels on October 12, 2021, 10:14:56 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 12, 2021, 04:45:21 AM
Wow that's a really negative outlook, only the Spinosaurus was slightly shrinkwrapped last year.
I meant the Spinosaurus specifically with that part. Was mostly joking, it's a decent appearance despite the shrinkwrapping, but was still a bit disappointing to have any of that happen after the previous Safari Spinosaurus was among the few to not go out of their way to shrinkwrap it.

suspsy

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 12, 2021, 01:30:26 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 12, 2021, 03:06:10 AM
now I'm just going to be disappointed when this doesn't happen

Yes, on further reflection, I will be too.

Faelrin

So um hate to disappoint but seems it was not any new figure reveals (unless those are revealed later this week?) but just a flash sale...
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on October 13, 2021, 05:28:59 PM
So um hate to disappoint but seems it was not any new figure reveals (unless those are revealed later this week?) but just a flash sale...
Oh well ... at least we're getting the Eofauna Diplodocus. Safari can wait a bit and so will we, I suppose.

Fembrogon

Hopefully we'll be getting some news/teasers soon anyway, since we're getting so late into the year now.

suspsy

Safari commenced their overlong and pointless (in my own opinion) reveal game early in October last year. One would surely hope that they're going to begin revealing 2022 stuff very soon.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Yeah, my Baryonyx AND my Deinonychus have both lost toes, and I don't even know when either injury happened.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on October 14, 2021, 12:35:05 AM
Safari commenced their overlong and pointless (in my own opinion) reveal game early in October last year. One would surely hope that they're going to begin revealing 2022 stuff very soon.
My guess is that we won't see reveals until November-December, if that! With everything going on with shipping overseas lately, I assume a lot of delays will be happening again....

Duck

My Deinonychus lost its foot. I don't even know how.
He who dwells in pond

Takama

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/pyrois

This just popped up on thir New releases page

I think its that time.    If we wait long enough, we will see Dinosaurs

Faelrin

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that avatar_Takama @Takama. It's a repaint of their original retired model:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: