News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

First Figure?

Started by Avian, January 24, 2021, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Takama @Takama  that brings me so many memories! I had every bit of dinosaur related software when I was a kid. #D Dinosaur Adventure but En Español, which had Carnegie 3d renders in its famously mysterious intros, Eyewitness Dinosaurs, Microsoft Dinosaurs, Dinosaur Safari, and of course Encarta 95 all the way to Encarta 2001. I'm looking them up on youtube. The memories are flooding in. Dinosaur Safari was my jam up until I wasn't able tp play it on Windows 95. I had Windows 3.1 and I could only play it there for some reason.

DinoToyCollector

That's a fun thread!

My first figures were contained in a box of dinosaur and monster chimeras I got when I was around 2 years old, pretty close to these pictures:

My first purchase as an adult was the Papo Allosaurus. A colleague and current friend I met in late 2006 told me about Jurassic Park figures from a company called Papo. Then I found them somewhere, bought them and ... well, collected them.

sauroid

mine are these vintage minis handed down to me by my dad who originally owned them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Chubi

Quote from: sauroid on February 17, 2021, 06:45:16 AM
mine are these vintage minis handed down to me by my dad who originally owned them.

How tall/long is the Moschops figure ? Never had any Marx figure on my own, nor any bootleg from other brands, so i'm quite curious

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on February 15, 2021, 08:26:20 AM
That's a fun thread!

My first figures were contained in a box of dinosaur and monster chimeras I got when I was around 2 years old, pretty close to these pictures:

I used to have a lot of those figures, ah, the memories

sauroid

Quote from: Chubi on February 18, 2021, 09:07:32 PM

How tall/long is the Moschops figure ? Never had any Marx figure on my own, nor any bootleg from other brands, so i'm quite curious
it's about 5 cm x 2.5 cm
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Chubi

Quote from: sauroid on February 19, 2021, 07:09:59 AM
Quote from: Chubi on February 18, 2021, 09:07:32 PM

it's about 5 cm x 2.5 cm

Thank you !
Do you know if those figures are the same lenght as Marx's original figures ? If so, i might start looking out for them. . . Marx's Moschops is pretty good ; and so are most of their other prehistoric beasts figures  ^-^

Crackington

They are a similar size to the Marx figures, perhaps slightly smaller. They are not as detailed though, but much more colourful. It seems that MPC's strategy was to target slightly younger children with cheaper, brightly coloured dinos.

I've been gradually collecting both in recent years and they are nice figures, though not as good as Marx.

Chubi

Quote from: Crackington on February 19, 2021, 11:27:57 AM
They are a similar size to the Marx figures, perhaps slightly smaller. They are not as detailed though, but much more colourful. It seems that MPC's strategy was to target slightly younger children with cheaper, brightly coloured dinos.

I've been gradually collecting both in recent years and they are nice figures, though not as good as Marx.

Thank you  :)

I'll probably focus on Marx ; but as i'll also have to pay an arm and a leg to get them from accross the ocean, i'll probably have to settle on what's affordable, too. . .

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.