News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Edel-New for 2021

Started by Stegotyranno420, June 26, 2021, 04:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

They posted this magnificent spinosaurus on their channel
https://youtu.be/JiZM0DmJ1Ic

Takama

take with a grain of salt

Whens the last time you seen a Edel Product in somesones hands thats NOT a youtuber or Famous Artists?

RobinGoodfellow

It's still not clear if Galileo Hernandez is behind Edel or not.
But,  aside from pre-orders, no one has ever seen a model for regular sale or in real collectors' hands.
Personally i would stay away from this brand...

Dynomikegojira

^That's a good point actually but I'm hoping they finally start releasing maybe during their extended silence they were figuring out a official release schedule and now they they're back we can get more information.

SidB

I, for one, wouldn't nibble on this before I knew whether it's legit or a "cat's paw".

Flaffy

I wonder why Andy's Dinosaur Reviews still promotes the company when there have been reports of people paying but not receiving any figure.

Dusty Wren

I haven't seen a video about Edel for a long while on Andy's YouTube account. Is he promoting them on Instagram or something?

It's possible that he doesn't know about the distribution issues, though. Companies tend to prioritize getting products to reviewers, so he probably got his figure(s) on time and hasn't realized that other people haven't yet.
Check out my customs thread!

Andysdinosaurreviews

Hey guys. Thought I should clear up the situation on my end. So I've heard from many people that Edel was working with Galileo Hernandez. I'm quite familiar with his history of ripping people off so I immediately confronted them about it. They responded claiming to have zero affiliation with him. I've asked a few times to be sure, they've always responded with the same answer. That doesn't say 100% though that they aren't as you can never be truly confident considering how similar the sculpts and models in general are to Galileo's work.The guy I speak to seems very nice and a genuine good guy, so if they are in cooperation with Galileo its possible he may not know about it?

I've been trying to keep a close eye on the situation for a long time due to the allegations as I have no intention of ever promoting for a company that scams people.

Last year I had one person contact me to tell me they had issues with Edel where they ordered a model and it took forever to arrive but it did in fact arrive, however it was somewhat broken and I told them to keep me informed of how the situation works out but I've heard nothing since. I also had a few others who mentioned buying from them and that there was a long delay between ordering and receiving the models. I know the models are made on demand so it definitely takes some time for them to create them and I know when they sent over review samples for me it took quite a few months before they were prepared. So I assumed that's just the way they work considering they don't come from a legit factory and are basically custom created models.

Then they disappeared for an extended period of time and have only recently reappeared on Instagram promoting their Spinosaurus. I promoted the spinosaurus in my most recent news video and it was only then that a few people came forward with stories of them scamming them. It seems as though they send out the figures but they are the incorrect figures and are broken when they arrived and they have not had contact with edel since to get Replacements or refunds. However they are at times quite hard to contact.

I haven't heard any stories quite yet of anyone being scammed out of their money entirely without receiving anything. If you know of any stories or people that has happened to, please let me know!

I try not to just write people off as scammers without truly looking into the situation thoroughly as I don't ever want to accuse someone unjustly.  That being said I am now VERY CLOSELY watching the situation and if anyone has any problems with them I would GREATLY appreciate you contacting me to let me know about it. If I find out definitively that they are scamming anyone purposely then I will definitely no longer support or promote any of their work as I will never support that kind of company.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.