News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bandai - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, March 19, 2021, 12:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2021, 08:29:56 PM
Re-release of their old T. rex skeleton model, now in brown:

When was this originally released?  The only information I can find on this says it's a new kit for this year.  I have one on order and as soon as it arrives I'll look at the date on the sprues and report back.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on September 02, 2021, 06:50:59 PM
Anyone else grabbing the two "LIMEX" Tyrannosaurus skeleton models kits??

The white one is just under 9 inches long, and the brown one is almost 14 inches long.

From what I understand, LIMEX is some sort of Limestone/Resin composite, giving a bone-like texture.

I'm pre-ordered for both, $18 for the white one, $45 for the brown one...

There is also a Triceratops, scaled and posed to go with the white Tyrannosaurus, but IMO the hips look kinda weird...

The on LIMEX ones are the white colored ones, I've got both on preorder.  Bandai is using this new materiel to cut down on petroleum based products.  It's supposed to be safer to work with to and the material is heavier but more fragile as well.  The fragility is fine with modelers but young kids wanting to regularly change poses on these might find themselves with some broken parts.  The brown leaping t-rex is not LIMEX, it'll be interesting if they release it in LIMEX at a later time too, but that pose would make it super fragile.  LIMEX might is like ersatz plastic made from limestone and other recycled products.  It'll be interesting to see if it takes off, it's supposed to be organic and non toxic too.

CARN0TAURUS

BTW, I know the LIMEX ones are previously released plastic kits but I ordered them because I'm curious about this new materiel.  If something like LIMEX takes off then it might cross over to collectable figures too?

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2021, 08:29:56 PM
Re-release of their old T. rex skeleton model, now in brown:

I'm only quoting you for a second time because you wrote that this is a re-release and now that I got mine in the mail and worked on it.  Now I can confirm that this is a brand new plastic model kit from 2021.  The sprues are new and stamped 2021.  It's a fantastically engineered kit!  Everything fits perfectly together.  It's level 2 difficulty, snap fit glue free, and even though I only had about an hour before bed to toy with it, I'm probably already about 70% done building it.  I probably could've finished it but I wanted to make sure I cleaned the parts properly after cutting them from the sprues.  My only complaint about the kit is the pose.  I'm going to attempt to customize mine just a bit because my skills are limited.  I'll be closing the mouth a little and moving the leg bones around a bit to make it look like it's in mid stride instead of leaping.  I'm probably just going to ruin it ;)  but the kit is robust and hopefully I'll be able to make these changes without destroying it.  I really wanted to straighten the tail but I just don't have the plastic modelling skills to make that happen. 

I really wish they would've modeled this after a museum exhibit by putting it in a more conventional pose.  But this is still really beautiful so I'll happily settle for what I can get :)

Bread

Is there a direct link or store here in the U.S. that will be selling these? The only thing holding me back from purchasing one would be the issue of international shipping and price, especially during these times.

Halichoeres

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS My mistake, it looked very similar to one they released five or ten years ago.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Bread on November 10, 2021, 04:57:09 AM
Is there a direct link or store here in the U.S. that will be selling these? The only thing holding me back from purchasing one would be the issue of international shipping and price, especially during these times.

I ordered mine on amazon prime (free shipping) and it arrived in 3-4 days, I'm considering ordering another one, it's a beautiful kit!  It's amazing the amount of detail on the bones!   I successfully modified the jaw to close it by like 50% of how open it was.  One leg is been modified and one to go.  I'll also be modifiying the base to represent a museum style mount instead of what it has.  I don't understand why they put a fossil on a base that represents living plants and stuff.  Maybe I'll just save this base for one of my PVC dinosaurs and build a wooden base for the skeleton.  I can't wait to finish this so I can paint, it's a fantastic sculpt!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 10, 2021, 05:18:33 PM
avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS My mistake, it looked very similar to one they released five or ten years ago.

No need for apologies, the previous release is Limex T-rex skeleton, that one has been released and re-released a couple of times in plastic over the years.  Including once in gold colored plastic.  Now they are re-releasing that kit once again in Limex.  But that one has hinge joints and is smaller toy like with a lot less detail. 

The new imaginary skeleton in 1/35 has a lot of detail especially in the skull, it's a beautifully sculpted skull with tiny indentations and holes.  I'm really blown away by what they can do when they use computers to generate plastic model molds.  I wish they would release a large plastic kit of a T-rex skull.  This one is going to look amazing in the display case once it's painted.  I can't recommend this kit enough, perfect fit, easy to build, and fantastic detail.  I certainly hope they release more of these :)

Bread

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on November 11, 2021, 12:28:57 AM
Quote from: Bread on November 10, 2021, 04:57:09 AM

I ordered mine on amazon prime (free shipping) and it arrived in 3-4 days, I'm considering ordering another one, it's a beautiful kit!  It's amazing the amount of detail on the bones!   I successfully modified the jaw to close it by like 50% of how open it was.  One leg is been modified and one to go.  I'll also be modifiying the base to represent a museum style mount instead of what it has.  I don't understand why they put a fossil on a base that represents living plants and stuff.  Maybe I'll just save this base for one of my PVC dinosaurs and build a wooden base for the skeleton.  I can't wait to finish this so I can paint, it's a fantastic sculpt!
Thank you! Been looking for a skeleton model for a few species and Tyrannosaurus is high on the list.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.