News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo Dinotales figures, collecting and reference

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, June 28, 2012, 06:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georassic

Quote from: UK on August 29, 2017, 11:33:57 PM
So dinotales are great little figures but terribly frustrating when in storage or display. They seem to unilaterally decide to just fall apart. I'm considering mine for permanence. Anyone else done this or advise on the pitfalls of doing so (other than loss of resell value or may be storage issues)

I've had the same problem over time with a few figures. I have used a tiny drop of super glue on one of the pieces to solve the issue. Just tiny drop, so it doesn't bleed out the seams.
Of course, I can no longer take them apart, but I have no intention to anyway.

bigbear

I use superglue too. A tiny amount put on with a pin is enough usually. Things like those S1 Mammoth tusks, which just wander off around the cabinet on their own are the first things that leap to my mind... I think that in the very long term, this won't devalue anything, as the scarcity of these figures will increase with time. I also think most collectors would prefer a carefully glued figure than one with bits missing anyway. I put more weight on having all of the correct paperwork than having an unglued figure.

You can make a very useful superglue applicator by sticking a sewing needle into a wine bottle cork. It's much easier to hold then. The finer the needle, the smaller the amount of glue you can pick up.

terrorchicken

just be careful when you mail them glued to someone. A seller sent me a copepteryx and the feet broke off during shipping  in an area that wasn't the glued segment.

Halichoeres

This is from the Legacy of Revoltech line rather than the Dinotales line, but perhaps someone here will be able to help me. I'd like to know what the text in the red box says, so if you have either a translation, or can take a photo of this part of the packaging, I'd be much obliged. Thanks in advance.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.