News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo on Science Daily

Started by morrijos, November 03, 2012, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrijos

Oh the irony.

Papo dinosaurs featured in a photo along with a detailed, scientifically accurate article:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/11/121102151954.htm

SBell

Out of all the companies, Papo seems to be the one used for so many images, books, articles, etc. Not quite sure why.

Takama

Mybe its due to the fact that millions of people still like there inaccurate Jurrasic park dinosaurs

SBell

Quote from: Takama on November 03, 2012, 05:43:30 PM
Mybe its due to the fact that millions of people still like there inaccurate Jurrasic park dinosaurs

I think they are just commonly photographed and raved about on forums dedicated to dinosaurs

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

i think that the Papo dinosaurs are the best there is
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Takama

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 03, 2012, 06:11:03 PM
i think that the Papo dinosaurs are the best there is

only in terms of Detail,   In terms of accracey, thaey are nothing but a mere joke

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SBell on November 03, 2012, 04:49:07 PM
Out of all the companies, Papo seems to be the one used for so many images, books, articles, etc. Not quite sure why.

It's because they look awesome. Inaccurate, but awesome. Except the plesiosaur, I don't think that one looks good, even superficially.

tyrantqueen

I guess Papo make good eye candy, even if they are scientifically inaccurate :)

Balaur

Quote from: jwmo on November 03, 2012, 04:29:07 PM
Oh the irony.

Papo dinosaurs featured in a photo along with a detailed, scientifically accurate article:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/11/121102151954.htm

HA!  :))

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 03, 2012, 07:01:03 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 03, 2012, 04:49:07 PM

It's because they look awesome. Inaccurate, but awesome. Except the plesiosaur, I don't think that one looks good, even superficially.

Or the mosasaur--I can't see that one showing up on an article either