News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio General Discussion

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 22, 2020, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

I looked around this board and didn't see any Nanmu threads, so have at it.

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Loon

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

I dig their stuff... anxious to get my Tyrannosaurs, the Ceratosaurus, the Stegosaurus and the Giganotosaurus...

Baby Sinclair

I know there are more active threads on Nanmu figures but as they are 'New for 20**' threads I figure my question is better suited to 'General Discussion' (unless I have missed a thread).

Being new to the hobby can anyone confirm which (if any) of Nanmu's lines are discontinued? I note that the Giganotosaurus with base appears to be discontinued (with the figure minus base continuing production) but fortunately I have both colour schemes with bases (and they are absolutely gorgeous). Are there any others that I need to prioritise due to discontinuation?

Many thanks in advance!
Roberta forever <3

Carnoking

Nanmu has their "family photo" that showcases all of the models currently in production. It might not always be 100% up to date or accurate, but its usually a good point of reference to see what Nanmu are currently focused on. It's usually the cover photo on their facebook page. Hope this helps.

Baby Sinclair

Thank you Carnoking, that makes perfect sense as I'd heard that the Indominus (Berkserker) Rex was no longer in production and it is not visible on the latest 'family photo'.

It's so difficult to tell what's speculation and what's fact so your answer is really helpful, thank you! I'd heard that Nanmu might have stopped production on the Spinosaurus (original colour scheme) but it looks like I can (perhaps) allay my fears.  ;)
Roberta forever <3

Gothmog the Baryonyx

When did Namnu make Shunosaurus and Yangchaunosaurus? Are they limited statues or something?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Takama

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 12, 2021, 10:16:20 PM
When did Namnu make Shunosaurus and Yangchaunosaurus? Are they limited statues or something?

They are the VERY FIRST Models they ever made before they dived into the JW Knockoff scene

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on May 12, 2021, 10:31:25 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 12, 2021, 10:16:20 PM

They are the VERY FIRST Models they ever made before they dived into the JW Knockoff scene

Oof, I'd forgotten that. Heartbreaking. First Nanmu, then W Dragon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Over9K

gfxtwin

Nanmu has mastered the JP series wonderfully. Their V Rex excites me more and makes you wonder what IPs might be next: More Kong figures? Zilla? Turok? WWD? Pacific Rim? Dino Riders? Rampage? Alpha? The Meg?  Exciting times ^_^

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.