You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lanthanotus' customs - updated for sleeping rex

Started by Lanthanotus, February 24, 2016, 09:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Quite some years old this thread, but after a lot of work with the new house (and still quite some left), I found some time now and then to tinker with models.... now, with the community still discussing PNSO`s Andrea and its stance, here`s my rex snoring its way through the day. It`s optimized for a totally flat surface, so there`s some space under the figure when placed on natural ground. Not final yet, could not deceide for a paint job yet. Guess the figure ;)

andrewsaurus rex

that looks fab.  i'm assuming you made it from a mass produced figure, heating and bending it?   I don't know all the Rex figures as I focus on large figs.  What figure is it and what size is it?

You should do two mating Rex next.  ;)

Lanthanotus

It is made from a more or less recently released figure, yes.

The customization included some heating and bending, but very minor, as the material's forces were too strong, despite being made mostly of hollow vinyl. So I had to heat it and cut off most parts (or cut them off for more than 95%, leaving only very small bridges of the original connection), glue it in place with cyanacrylate and fill and remodel it with Fixit Sculpt.

The anatomy of the figure allowed for a much more plausible leg folding than in PNSO's Andrea (seen the spoiler images now).

ceratopsian

Shonisaurus

Magnificent tyrannosaurus (I suppose) lying down does not have to envy its PNSO counterpart in genius.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 21, 2021, 02:32:56 PM
Quite some years old this thread, but after a lot of work with the new house (and still quite some left), I found some time now and then to tinker with models.... now, with the community still discussing PNSO`s Andrea and its stance, here`s my rex snoring its way through the day. It`s optimized for a totally flat surface, so there`s some space under the figure when placed on natural ground. Not final yet, could not deceide for a paint job yet. Guess the figure ;)

Is it the recent Rebor rex?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Like the eye-work detail - completely convincing.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for all your comments, folks :)

@GojraGuy1954 Yes, it's Rebor's GrabnGo Rex ;)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus , well done indeed. That's an astonishing transformation. Interesting comparing it to the PNSO Andrea.

Creature

Oh, wow, that's a fantastic resculpt/repaint. I'm very impressed!
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Libraraptor

Kapitaenosavrvs

That GnG rex looks phenomenal. I love to see customized Mass produced Figures. Great Job!

Lanthanotus

Thank you all, for your comments. Glad you like it :)

The GnG Rex is a good figure, though I guess with the array of recent releases it went somewhat unnoticied by a lot of people. However, while quite good, even my collection - which has not a lot of rexes - has certainly enough teeth starring ones, so I required a change in posture. Being made of hollow vinyl mostly, is was a rewarding task.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.