News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor's Extinction in living colour. (updated may 3rd.)

Started by Fenestra, March 04, 2019, 03:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Great work on customization and final presentation. Well done and especially the second so dynamic. For me the true star is the Patagopteryx though :D

ITdactyl

me browsing the forum with no coffee:

"Where's the like button?"

Awesome work. I guess beautiful art really does involve some beheading. ;D

Shonisaurus

I like a lot especially the scene of the pentaceratops against the bistahievesor is very cool. Magnificent dioramas.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You do some really stunning dioramas. And I didn't even recognise the CollectA Bistiahversor in there at all. Both are museum worthy
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kapitaenosavrvs

Great work you did there. I like it a lot.

I love to see customised and reworked Figures with a new Base.
Looking forward to new Stuff from you.

The whole atmosphere of a Figure changes, when it interacts or reacts to another Animal. Even, if it is just a small critter or else.

SidB

avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra , once again, so very inspiring. It makes me reconsider the range of my collection to weigh the possibilities for transformation from the static to dynamic.

Duck

Wonderful customs and dioramas! These are really fun to look at. And I imagine fun to make as well!
He who dwells in pond

Fenestra

I don't know what possessed me, but I wanted to try something different and make my own Sinosauropteryx figure. Scale 1:1.

I started with a professional frame.  :))  :))

Covered it with news paper, glue and tin foil until I had a basic shape. Then I started covering it up with Apoxy clay to create some feathering.

Painted it:

Together with some other 1:1 scale critters:

It turned out okay. I'm terrible at sculpting little things like claws and feet. So it all looks a little crude and it has shovels for hands, but I like the end result.  :)) And that's all that counts!

Newt

Very nice work on the Sinosauropteryx! The feather texture looks great.

Creature

Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Shonisaurus

You have been great. It is immense. The size is exceptional and the quality somewhat of the same.

Fenestra

Rebor's statue "Extinction" comes in two flavours. Bronze and marble. I decided to buy the marble one. After seeing reviews of the bronze version I noticed all the titles en lettering on the books. On my marble version these wonderful details unfortunatly got lost because there is no contrast. So, I decided to repaint the whole thing. My first thought for the raptor was the JP3 alpha female, but after a few washes she turned out a bit darker. But I liked the end result so I left it that way.

My respects to the sculptor A. Pritchard. Sculpting all those books can drive any person insane.... same thing counts for painting them all.  ;D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.