You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor's Extinction in living colour. (updated may 3rd.)

Started by Fenestra, March 04, 2019, 03:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin_

Are the rocks on the Allosaurus base intended to help hide the huge feet?

Shonisaurus

Your dioramas with repainting have been spectacular. By the way, how have you managed to alter the head movement of Nanmu's carnotaurus? I am intrigued.

Fenestra

Two beautiful figures from PNSO. I just didn't like the original paint job on the both of them. Especially the Atopodentatus freaky head was not to my liking.  :o

The new coat of paint on the Lambeosaurus is based on the art of Antonin Jury. I made the base from scratch.

The Atopodentatus was a quick repaint. I used the marine iguana as inspiration. Maybe I'll come back to this one later and add some dark spots on its side and back.

ceratopsian

I especially like your repaint of the Lambeosaurus. Excellent base too.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Lambeosaurus repaint is amazing (and I say this as someone who really likes the original colour scheme)
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

Yes, I liked the original too but I would gladly have this one on my shelf!

Nimravus

SidB

I thought to myself, how is a repaint of the Lambeosaurus going to be an improvement, or at least as good? But, you did it. Excellant.

Bokisaurus

Very nice and interesting color choices. Do you use airbrush or just good dry-brushing?

Halichoeres

These look great, well done. Wisely chosen palettes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Wow, I'm in love with that Lambeosaurus, it's gorgeous.

Fenestra

From the first day Papo showed images of the deluxe Spinosaurus last year, I had a love/hate feeling for it.
I loved the bulky, robust representation of Spinosaurus and let's not forget the notorious tail at that moment, that somehow turned out in Papo's favour. But the pose....
It was obviously an attempt by Papo to make it look like it was swimming, but it still had to stand on all fours for (dis)play reasons. Understandable, but I hated it.
If only I could make it swim.
Well, here is my attempt.

I repositioned the fore arms and did some fiddling with the left foot to make it look more naturel. I even added webbing between the toes.
The colours are loosely based on the latest PNSO Spinosaurus. What a beautiful figure that is, but way too small for my collection.

SidB

Just fabulous, a spectacular improvement and I love your coloration. I'm hugely inspired by all that , plus the pose -  its dynamic and enhances Papo's already life-like quality of the sculpt, taking it to the next level. Well done!

Stegotyranno420

Great work. It looks like you also made the tail a bit more accurate. 
I do believe there could had been more patterns going on with the repaint, you are very masterful at patterns

Overall, great job, you are some of my favorite artists

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra You have been great How have you achieved that change? In my case, when it comes to Papo's spinosaurus, I disagree with your opinion, I don't have any feelings of hate / love like you do. It is a spinosaurus that I sincerely love madly for me, it is the preferred spinosaurus in my collection, above other much more scientific brands such as PNSO and Safari to give two examples, although they fascinate me with parameters that are almost equal to Papo's spinsoaurus The spinosaurus from GR Toys, I still stick with the limited version of Papo as it is much bulkier. He is my favorite figure by far, even if he is not one hundred percent scientific.

Going to the matter that Papo spinosaurus with his new look has been great. My congratulations. You do a great job.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is incredibly impressive work, you have greatly improved that Papo Spinosaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Much better! You've managed to make it look like a live animal.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

That is wonderful work. I wasn't at all tempted by the original but I would have snapped it up if it looked like this graceful creature.

Sarapaurolophus

Stunning Spino. It's amazing what some repositioning can do. It looks much nicer this way!

Fenestra

Meeting the new neighbor....
In the suburbs:

Meeting the new neighbor....
In the Ghetto!:

Two simple dioramas I finished a few weeks ago.
I still needed a Pachycephalosaurus for my collection and had to choose between the "beefy" Safari ltd. figure and the "delicate Bambi" PNSO Pachy.
So Safari ltd. it was! I adjusted the head and repainted it. The friendly neighbor Patagopteryx was made from a Tamiya Velociraptor model.

The Papo Pentaceratops is such a beautiful model. I love the dynamic of it. It deserves a dramatic scene. The Bistahieversor from CollectA gets its booty kicked WWE style! I made some small adjustments so the Bistahieversor could lay flat on its back and hold the Pentaceratops up.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: