News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Happy New Year 2013

Started by deanm, January 01, 2013, 05:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

All the best and may all your dinosaur and other prehistoric critters figures dreams come true.   

May your collections grow and your wallet/purse not curse you too much in the process... :D :)

Splonkadumpocus

Wikipedia says four valid dinosaur genera were named in 1913.

Happy 100th anniversary to Procompsognathus, Styracosaurus, Hypacrosaurus, and Thescelosaurus!

Speaking of which, my collection includes Styracosaurus and Hypacrosaurus, plus Euparkeria which was also named in 1913.

Takama

Wait for it Wait for it HAPPY NEW YEAR IN IOWA

time for 2013 beers :P

docronnie

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on January 01, 2013, 05:59:58 AM

Happy 100th anniversary to Procompsognathus, Styracosaurus, Hypacrosaurus, and Thescelosaurus!

Speaking of which, my collection includes Styracosaurus and Hypacrosaurus, plus Euparkeria which was also named in 1913.

Happy New Year! :)

At least I have a Dino Tales and UKRD Styracosaurus.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

IHogaRok

I'm sure their is more dinosaurs to be discovered this year. 8)

IHogaRok

Sharptooth

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!   ;)

Hope this 2013 will be a good year, much better than the dreadful '12, that's it.

What new prehistoric creatures will be discovered?
How many crazy theories paleontologists will make and how bad mass media will report the new discoveries?

Only time will tell...

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IHogaRok on January 01, 2013, 06:29:18 PM
sorry, meant this there

No need to double-post, you can always edit existing posts by clicking the modify button ;)

---

Happy New Year everyone! :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on January 01, 2013, 05:59:58 AM

And just when you thought it was safe to go in the water, Procompsgnathus is being challenged heavily by several paleontologists, as a non-valid species, that is derived from a single badly preserved skeleton. There is much ambiguity and conflict surrounding the specimen, with Sereno stating even the holotype was a mixture of two fossils. In any event , the animal is being debated as possibly not dinosaurian.

QuoteIn 1982 John Ostrom claimed that SMNS 12352 and SMNS 12352a originated from a taxon different from the holotype. In 1992 Paul Sereno and Rupert Wild stated that even the holotype specimen consisted of fossils from two separate animals: the postcranial skeleton would be a theropod, likely a coelophysoid related to Segisaurus, but the skull and the von Huene specimens they referred to the basal crocodylomorph Saltoposuchus connectens.[9] However, in 1993 Sankar Chatterjee after further preparation refuted their assessment as regarded the skull, showing it could not have been a crocodylomorph.[10][11] Oliver Rauhut and Axel Hungerbuhler (2000) noted features of the vertebrae which suggest that Procompsognathus may be a coelophysid or ceratosaur,[12] and Carrano et al. (2005), in their re-study of the related genus Segisaurus, found both Segisaurus and Procompsognathus to belong to the Coelophysidae within Dinosauria.[13] In 2004 David Allen considered Procompsognathus to be a primitive, non-dinosaurian ornithodiran.[14] In 2006 and 2008 Fabien Knoll concluded that SMNS 12352 represented a crocodylomorph and SMNS 12352a a crocodylomorph or some other basal archosaur. The postcranial skeleton, for which she reserved the inventory number SMNS 12591, was a coelophysoid; and the skull, now indicated with the number SMNS 12591a, a perhaps more derived theropod, possibly a basal member of the Tetanurae.[15][16] In 2012 Knoll after a CAT-scan reaffirmed that SMNS 12352 was a crocodylomorph, but established it was different from Saltoposuchus.[17]

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

Jetoar, I am unsure the cause but for my browser at least, your signature picture is coming up as an invalid link, apparently either moved on your hosting site or removed. I admit it might be an issue at my end however, everyone's pictures for their signatures, other than your own is working well for me, which suggests an issue at your end.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 02, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Jetoar, I am unsure the cause but for my browser at least, your signature picture is coming up as an invalid link, apparently either moved on your hosting site or removed. I admit it might be an issue at my end however, everyone's pictures for their signatures, other than your own is working well for me, which suggests an issue at your end.
I get it too. It's a broken link.

Balaur

Happy New Years! I can't wait for new dinosaurs and prehistoric life discovered this year!  ;). 2012 was a great year in paleontology, especially for the feather lovers, like me, with Yutyrannus, the wings of Ornithomimus, Sciurumimus, it was awesome! I hope more of that is found this new year!  :)

ZoPteryx

Happy New Year!  And a belated happy new year to the Mayans too! ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.