News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 theropods would we like Safari to make?

Started by Sim, March 11, 2024, 04:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 would you most like from Safari?

Appalachiosaurus
4 (11.8%)
Argentavis
4 (11.8%)
Asfaltovenator
0 (0%)
Austroraptor
8 (23.5%)
Buitreraptor
3 (8.8%)
Ceratosaurus (new version)
8 (23.5%)
Dilophosaurus (new version)
2 (5.9%)
Dryptosaurus
5 (14.7%)
Elaphrosaurus
4 (11.8%)
Falcarius
7 (20.6%)
Gallimimus
10 (29.4%)
Halszkaraptor
7 (20.6%)
Herrerasaurus
15 (44.1%)
Hesperornis
11 (32.4%)
Limusaurus
5 (14.7%)
Maip
6 (17.6%)
Marshosaurus
3 (8.8%)
Saurornithoides
5 (14.7%)
Shuuvuia
7 (20.6%)
South Island giant moa
3 (8.8%)
Struthiomimus
10 (29.4%)
Tarbosaurus
5 (14.7%)
Torvosaurus
12 (35.3%)
Terror bird (Andalgalornis, Kelenken or Phorusrhacos)
13 (38.2%)
Zhenyuanlong
5 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Sim

Lots of interesting and unique animals in this poll!

Sim

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, could you change the number of maximum votes per user to 5?  I had initially put 10 by mistake and tried changing it to 5, but it doesn't save that.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 11, 2024, 05:10:21 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, could you change the number of maximum votes per user to 5?  I had initially put 10 by mistake and tried changing it to 5, but it doesn't save that.

Done. :)

Sim

Thanks avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum!  And sorry to the one member who voted when ten options were possible whose votes I had to remove!  Voting in the poll is now possible!

Concavenator

Voted for Asfaltovenator, Dilophosaurus, Halszkaraptor, Herrerasaurus and Zhenyuanlong.

Gwangi

Dryptosaurus
Gallimimus
Halszkaraptor
Herrerasaurus
Terror Bird

triceratops83

Torvosaurus
Marshosaurus
Struthiomimus
Moa
Terror bird
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Torvosaurus

Dryptosaurus, Halszkaraptor, Falcarius, and Marshosaurus, plus Balaur bondoc.

Torvo

SidB

Terror Bird, Shuvuuia, Gallimimus, Dryptosaurus and Appalachianosaurus.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 12, 2024, 09:54:02 PMSo happy that Tyrannotitan wasn't nominated.

Not Safari, but PNSO Tyrannotitan is coming. We don't know when, but it is.  :(

The taxon-completist nature of your collection suggests you would be picking it up regardless, wouldn't you?  :P

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Austroraptor, Ceratosaurus, Elaphrosaurus, Maip, and Struthiomimus personally.
I'm surprised and a little disappointed that more people didn't vote for Elaphro, it's such a unique and strange taxon with zero even remotely good figures.

Sim

I see no reason to vote for Elaphrosaurus when Limusaurus is an option too.  Limusaurus is exactly what you said Elaphrosaurus is, while Elaphrosaurus is only from Limusaurus filling in its gaps.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I completely missed that Limusaurus was an option lmao

Sim

I'm happy to see Herrerasaurus doing so well.  A good figure of it is needed.  A terror bird too, which I didn't vote for in the end as Torvosaurus ended up being a greater priority for me, but I would still very much like a terror bird from Safari.  I hope they don't rely on their herbivorous Gastornis to decide whether to make a terror bird.  avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson does feathers so well, I'm sure a terror bird by him would be epic!

I'm also pleased to see Torvosaurus and Gallimimus among the most voted for, good representations of them are needed too.  I'm surprised by Hesperornis sharing this position too, a figure of it by Safari would be unique!  Struthiomimus is only one place behind these three and I'd be very happy with a figure of it too!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on March 12, 2024, 11:15:41 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 12, 2024, 09:54:02 PMSo happy that Tyrannotitan wasn't nominated.

Not Safari, but PNSO Tyrannotitan is coming. We don't know when, but it is.  :(

The taxon-completist nature of your collection suggests you would be picking it up regardless, wouldn't you?  :P

Oh no, I thought that was just a rumor/wishful thinking!

I think that might be one where I would feel okay skipping it. Owning it would bring me no joy, so what would be the point?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Primeval12

I'm sad that Austroraptor didn't get many votes... also what's wrong with Tyranotitan avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres ?

GojiraGuy1954

Its nigh identical to every other large carcharodontosaurid
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Yep, that's about the size of it. Kinda bored with carcharodontosaurids, especially ones with almost no skull material. More pettily, I don't care for the name either.

Concavenator

*deleted, wrong thread*

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: