You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forthcoming third edition of The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs

Started by VD231991, October 28, 2023, 04:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

I'm looking forward to it!  I accidentally tore one of the pages of my second edition so I hoped a third edition would come which I could replace my second edition with.

suspsy

Gregory Paul has a good thing going on here. Just release a new edition every few years with added entries and illustrations and it's a guaranteed seller. He's undoubtedly going to do the same with the Pterosaurs and Sea Reptiles books.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Splonkadumpocus

I can't wait to see all the new and updated skeletals. The previous edition was an invaluable resource for my volunteer work at the local museum where I could show the visitors exactly where the different bones fit into the skeletons and such.

CityRaptor

Third edition? I still have the first edition unread at home.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Its about darn Time.

I have the first and Second editions. So im ready for another update.

(Lets see what wacky taxomey he has in store in this one)

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 28, 2023, 11:39:36 PMThird edition? I still have the first edition unread at home.

Mine is still the first edition too and it's signed by GP so it's not going anywhere. Think I'll skip a few more editions and wait for the 5th or 6th before buying another. 

Federreptil

I always like to use the Princeton Field Guide by Gregory Paul to get a quick overview and a basic direction for assembling and selecting heroes for the upcoming dioramas. So an update is always welcome and will find a place on the bookshelf next to the first and second editions.
Thanks for the info for the new edition. Pre-ordering is underway.

Halichoeres

I never bought the second edition, but I did recently buy the pterosaur and marine reptile books, which I've been enjoying.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.