News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

La Brea, New NBC sci-fi series

Started by Dynomikegojira, July 24, 2021, 03:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

no it's been renewed for a third season, surprisingly.   It's had its moments but too few and far between.  The big season finale last night had the group walking 15 miles through rugged terrain and arriving at their destination fresh as daisies,  somehow navigating to map co ordinates without a map or compass and at the end, spotting a T.rex foot print about 8 feet long.

What's her face going back in time 4 hours to warn her husband he was going to die was kinda fun though.  And the Megalania (I presume) was fun but they are supposed to be in La Brea and Megalania is from Australia (however the show is filmed in Australia so I guess they had a spare Megalania lying around. :) ).

And all the men are still clean shaven....

Carnoking

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on March 01, 2023, 05:48:18 PMno it's been renewed for a third season, surprisingly.   It's had its moments but too few and far between.  The big season finale last night had the group walking 15 miles through rugged terrain and arriving at their destination fresh as daisies,  somehow navigating to map co ordinates without a map or compass and at the end, spotting a T.rex foot print about 8 feet long.

What's her face going back in time 4 hours to warn her husband he was going to die was kinda fun though.  And the Megalania (I presume) was fun but they are supposed to be in La Brea and Megalania is from Australia (however the show is filmed in Australia so I guess they had a spare Megalania lying around. :) ).

And all the men are still clean shaven....

Ah, so they will be dipping into dinosaur territory.

dragon53

LA BREA---NBC cancelled the series. Season 6 will be the last season and premieres on January 9 with only six episodes.

Dynomikegojira

As I've said before deeply surprised it lasted as long as it did quite honestly besides Primeval the only prehistoric show I loved was The Lost World from the early 2000s.

dragon53

Nyrorosaurus

All the dinosaurs seem to be stock models taken from Turbosquid and Sketchfab, as opposed to the Pleistocene animals from previous seasons that were modelled specifically for the show. The Spinosaurus in particular appears to be Julian Johnson Mortimer's model with Jurassic Park III colors.

dragon53

andrewsaurus rex

i'm interested to see the dinosaur that belongs to the 8 foot long theropod footprint.  Not sure how this series has lasted as long as it has.  Premise was fine.....execution of it was not fine.

Takama

Just saw a comercial for the final season on CABLE TV.

For a show so lackluster, it makes me wonder.

"How the Hell did this get more then 1 season while Terra Nova (a show I actaully Enjoyed) got canned with only 1 without a proper conclusion ::)?"

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.