News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Music thread

Started by Tylosaurus, March 20, 2012, 12:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2024, 08:49:10 AM:o  Yuk! This is disgusting! You have a very bad taste of music avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420.
      Be aware of the fact that especially in Germany some people (like me) are very sensitive when it comes to anything associated with the Worl Wars.

Please stop spreading the ugliness!

Quote from: PumperKrickel on February 12, 2024, 09:14:23 AMThis particular piece of music was written in 1889, well before World War 1 even. While I personally don't see the appeal, attacking the kid for an association you have is extremely unfair.

I would disagree, this kind of German military music cannot be viewed without taking into account the context of militarism, nazism, colonialism and racism. One should be critically aware of this and the effect of promoting this type of music has on people.

postsaurischian

Quote from: PumperKrickel on February 12, 2024, 09:14:23 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2024, 08:49:10 AM:o  Yuk! This is disgusting! You have a very bad taste of music avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420.
      Be aware of the fact that especially in Germany some people (like me) are very sensitive when it comes to anything associated with the Worl Wars.

Please stop spreading the ugliness!

This particular piece of music was written in 1889, well before World War 1 even. While I personally don't see the appeal, attacking the kid for an association you have is extremely unfair.

According to the data the "kid" is 570 years old and fighting against fascist propaganda is not an attack, it's more like a defense.
 I will stop here, because we don't want political discussions in this forum. To me Stegotyranno's post was a provocation.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2024, 10:15:56 AMAccording to the data the "kid" is 570 years old and fighting against fascist propaganda is not an attack, it's more like a defense.
 I will stop here, because we don't want political discussions in this forum. To me Stegotyranno's post was a provocation.

That song is not fascist propaganda in any way, shape or form. We're talking about a piece of music that was composed before the first powered flight and, as far as I can tell, held no particular significance for the nazis. If your argument was that military music in general shouldn't be posted here due to the inherent risk of sparking political discussion, you might have a point. Basically calling Stegotyranno, who I believe is a minor, a fascist is going way, way too far, though.

thomasw100

Quote from: PumperKrickel on February 12, 2024, 11:17:45 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2024, 10:15:56 AMAccording to the data the "kid" is 570 years old and fighting against fascist propaganda is not an attack, it's more like a defense.

That song is not fascist propaganda in any way, shape or form. We're talking about a piece of music that was composed before the first powered flight and, as far as I can tell, held no particular significance for the nazis. If your argument was that military music in general shouldn't be posted here due to the inherent risk of sparking political discussion, you might have a point. Basically calling Stegotyranno, who I believe is a minor, a fascist is going way, way too far, though.

So how would you then call that video featuring German colonial soldiers and Lothar von Trotha, who were responsible for the genocide of the Herero and Nama in Namibia?

Libraraptor

Oops, guess you have just dropped a clanger, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  :o

Although nothing of what you have posted above is illegal as far as I know, it can partly be read as racist and is definitely tasteless. I expect you to show a little more tactfulness.

Like avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I am German and I have been observing that this kind of music, albeit not criminal in itself and mostly written long before the World Wars, is often being appreciated and consumed by people with questionable political opinions or even far-right, inhuman convictions.

Since we all see where this kind of post can lead us in no time, this is a warning to avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, relying on forum rule Nr. 6: "Topics concerning politics and religion are discouraged." C:-)

Stegotyranno420

Libraraptor

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 12, 2024, 04:58:48 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 12, 2024, 04:36:20 PMavatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor both posts are deleted now.

Thank you very much.

Yes, thanks for that. I had a busy day at work today so while I saw this conversation, I didn't have time to reply to suggest we simply delete them. I just got home and I'm glad to see you already came to that decision yourself. So, I regard this as resolved and nobody needs to get banned today. ;)

Primeval12

Deep Purple's new single freekin' rips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbwiEDD04CY

I love the keyboard and guitar interplay.

Takama

Song of my life since October 24th 2022

Takama

I dont want to go into many details as to how or why

But I almost set myself out to be a RUNAWAY TRAIN last night. 

For those who dont know, watch this music video

And a mini documentery made about it

Thats how ***** up i felt lately😐😭

Libraraptor

This song has always been my antidote to anxiety and depression: 

https://youtu.be/o16qUBvB7No?si=vcvQQ5uZbzsG6qLJ

Pachyrhinosaurus

Over the past few years, I've been getting more into the Exotica genre along with my interest in Tiki culture. I have a few CD albums from Martin Denny, Les Baxter, and Arthur Lyman as well as the modern-day Tikiyaki orchestra. Here are a few favorites:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.