You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re: Betta's repaints.....Dinosauria series added 7/18/24

Started by bettashark, February 20, 2021, 04:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettashark

Quote from: Creature on June 04, 2022, 09:11:17 AMavatar_bettashark @bettashark these repaints are gorgeous! I'm especially in love with the Corythosaurus with the blue head markings. The blending and shading on that is superb
Thank you very much! :)

bettashark

Ok, once more I vanished for like a year. It's not that I haven't done anything, just that I never seem to get around to taking pictures, and I have a tendency to work on a thing until it's about 1/3-finished and then do something else until it's also 1/3-finished, and so on and so on, until I have like 50 1/3-finished critters languishing all over the place. But I did manage to complete 2 more figures last year, so here they are, albeit belatedly. Both are by Safari and both now have Walking with Dinosaurs paintjobs. I find WWD paintjobs pretty easy to do; they generally take about 3-5 days, and usually have quite a limited set of colors and shapes, which is part of what makes the designs so iconic in the first place. So without further nonsense, I present the old yellow Allosaurus, now Big Al-esque (and featuring a cameo by my fish), and the Postosuchus, now very reddish (and apparently contemplating the destruction of midwestern suburbia). Enjoy!

bettashark

(P.S.: In case anyone is wondering, I'm currently working on a CollectA Pteranodon sternbergi/Geosternbergia, a Safari Diplodocus, a CollectA Brontosaurus, a Safari Velociraptor, a PNSO Archaeopteryx, a Safari Monolophosaurus, 2 Safari Iguanodons, 2 Safari Brachiosauruses (do not come at me for the plurals), 2 Safari Ichthyosauruses, a Carnegie Corythosaurus, a bootleg Carnegie Ichthyosaurus, and a 2nd-run Battat Parasaurolophus. Heck I think there are more. I think I need an intervention or something lol  :P )

Kapitaenosavrvs

Awesome Work over here! I like the Attention to Detail. Hehe, i did the same with a Papo rex head what you did with your Mold a Rama Quetz.

bettashark

Wow it's been a hot year and a half since I posted, whoops! I'm not the most continuous of workers, for various personal reasons.
At any rate, I fell in love with David Armsby's Dinosauria series, and have spent the last year and a half working on the main characters of all 5 short films. So far I've done 3, and I'm about halfway done with number 4. Send help.
Old Buck was originally a PNSO Styracosaurus. The only sculpt work was stuff with the horns and making the scars (I used a cuticle trimmer).

Next we have the Alaskan troodontid from Our Frozen Past, originally a Safari Deinonychus. This one got significant alterations to the head and eye placement, wing seam filling, and fixes to claws and toe positioning.

And finally we have the Lambeosaurus from A More Ancient Spring. This one was the 2nd longest-running project of the series so far (number 4 is running much, much longer), due to the 2 weeks it took to fix the sculpt from the original Qualia gachapon. He's 5 inches long, and honestly one of my favorite pieces of art I've ever done! I liked him so muvch I built him a little base and painted him a background!

Geosternbergia is in progress...

Dusty Wren

Dude, these are amazing! A More Ancient Spring is my favorite of the Dinosauria episodes, and your Lambeosaurus is absolutely stunning. That Qualia figure is super small, I'm amazed at how much detail work you were able to do in the sculpting and painting. The base looks great, too. Did you sculpt the tree branches?
Check out my customs thread!

postsaurischian

:o  :D  Excellent!  Wonderful work - soo beautiful.  Why haven't I seen this thread before? Shame on me!

bettashark

Quote from: Dusty Wren on July 18, 2024, 01:07:04 PMDude, these are amazing! A More Ancient Spring is my favorite of the Dinosauria episodes, and your Lambeosaurus is absolutely stunning. That Qualia figure is super small, I'm amazed at how much detail work you were able to do in the sculpting and painting. The base looks great, too. Did you sculpt the tree branches?

Thanks! And nope, I grabbed some twigs from the garden :p

bettashark

At extremely long last, here's the Dinosauria Pteranodon sternbergi! He took roughly and a half years to complete. Base figure is a Collecta Pteranodon sternbergi, which has been heavily modified for both scientific and screen accuracy. (Yes, his articulated jaw still works!) He's stuck with sticky tack to a base made of styrofoam, epoxy clay, and clear PVA glue, and I whipped up a painting for a backdrop.
Just 1 figure left in the series (until the second volume comes out!)...

Saarlooswolfhound

postsaurischian

:D  I love the colours ('n everything) - soo beautiful!!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.