You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Would a Spinosaurus really kill a T-Rex

Started by IHogaRok, January 01, 2013, 04:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphoceratops

http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/answers/viewtopic.php?id=9071

The question asked is more just about Spinosaurus itself but inevitably the vs rex thing does pop up a little.  This is a good site overall by the way. 

Iguanocolossus

If the Spinosaur has a good enough bite or scratch it might rip the windpipe or open a blood vessel. Far more often it would have it's head or neck crushed if the fight did occur.

I'm sure Spinosaurus did occasionally fight Carcharodontosaurus-sometimes it would use its size and intimidating fin to scare off the rival, I suspect, but if they ever came to grips I think the most frequent outcome would be Spinosaurus' being shredded and bleeding to death.

Brontozaurus

Of course, we're all forgetting that the arms and hands of Spinosaurus allowed it to use guns, which would give it a significant advantage over the T. rex.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Takama

Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 18, 2013, 01:24:03 AM
Of course, we're all forgetting that the arms and hands of Spinosaurus allowed it to use guns, which would give it a significant advantage over the T. rex.

Lets not get Overly Ridiculous in this thread, Like Hollywood does every so often ::)

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Takama on March 18, 2013, 01:50:21 AM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 18, 2013, 01:24:03 AM

Lets not get Overly Ridiculous in this thread, Like Hollywood does every so often ::)

We're already talking about a fight between two animals that existed in different times, places, and ecological niches. Getting them into a fight at all is a ridiculous idea; we might as well go the whole hog and have the T. rex breathe fire and give Spinosaurus laser vision.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

amargasaurus cazaui

I admit I loved the answer, that yes a Spinosaurus could kill a t rex, by making it choke to death on the carcass as it was being eaten. Still think that was the best answer ever
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.