News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Krentz 1/40 T-rex

Started by ihatefeathers144, March 15, 2012, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: krentz on August 22, 2012, 01:06:14 AM
Man, I don't even have a painted version.

I've gotta send some to Garrett.  Maybe when I have Kosmo and Majunga.

For those of you who have this kit you might want to know I made a simple base for it.
When the next two kits are cast, and you want to purchase them, let me know if you want the Rex base as well. All the Saurozoic kits will have bases now. I've been batting 100 for getting them to stand on thier own, but the Majunga did not. I feel so much shame now.
Others that I plan to do like the Bistahieversor will not either.

That's cool , I will definitely need one when I order the Bistahieversor. ;D

Argentavis

some more from Davids 1/40 T-Rex painted by Martin. Thanks to him and Marilyn again.  :)

sorry, at this time i can´t make better pics, only with flash light.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks for the pics ! Martin did a simply beautiful job on it ! Be very proud ! ;D

A hint about taking nice pics, try sitting the piece outside in broad daylight..really makes everything pop and gets the best lighting I think. :)

Argentavis

Thanks Chris. Yes, i´m really proud to have a "real Martin Garratt" in my Collection. ;)

The problem with the pics is, that i have no garden to make photos because i live in the city. Maybe i try to make some outside, like my papo-pics. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Argentavis on August 23, 2012, 09:01:46 PM
Thanks Chris. Yes, i´m really proud to have a "real Martin Garratt" in my Collection. ;)

The problem with the pics is, that i have no garden to make photos because i live in the city. Maybe i try to make some outside, like my papo-pics. :)

Hey yeah that would be great bud ! ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pics of my 1/40 Rex :

Last shots were taken out in full sunlight.  I really want this Rex in 1/20 already ! ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

Oh my that is gorgeous , I love the colors in yours. Very nice.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks !

The paint turned out pretty nice, the only real issue is that this one arrived at my builder's place missing a few teeth for some reason..so I may need to order another one. :)

Argentavis

very nice, i like the idea with the triceratops skull. :)

ataraxus

yeah, cool paintjob! the tric. skull is a good idea!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ataraxus on August 30, 2012, 11:54:30 AM
yeah, cool paintjob! the tric. skull is a good idea!

Thanks !  You might know that skull from the Safari toob set...those little skulls are quite handy. I also added a small rib bone and repainted both to match the base.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2012, 05:29:53 AM

Those Krentz Tyrannosaurs are awesome and simply the best !!
Your 1:40 T. rex is very beautiful. Did you mention who's responsible for the paintjob? I must have missed that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 30, 2012, 10:00:52 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2012, 05:29:53 AM

Those Krentz Tyrannosaurs are awesome and simply the best !!
Your 1:40 T. rex is very beautiful. Did you mention who's responsible for the paintjob? I must have missed that.

I agree ! I love David's tyrannosaurs ! ;D

It's a nice paint job, not exactly what I asked for, but nice enough. I mentioned the guy before but it turns out he's not very reliable so I won't be using him again... :/

potsmokindino

:) Currently working on the base  >:D

[attachment msg=21372][/attachment]

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2012, 08:57:49 AM
Thanks !

The paint turned out pretty nice, the only real issue is that this one arrived at my builder's place missing a few teeth for some reason..so I may need to order another one. :)
Actually, I think it's good missing a few teeth because a live tyrannosaur probably would have too. So it makes it more realistic.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Argentavis

Quote from: potsmokindino on October 14, 2012, 07:29:53 AM
:) Currently working on the base  >:D

interesting paint job, please post some more pics of the finished model with the base. :)

potsmokindino

Still working on the base.
:'(

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.