News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Levi Rawl's current Collection

Started by Cretaceous Crab, February 18, 2018, 05:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

I probably started collecting the Safari LTD dinosaurs 4-5 years ago, and along the way, a few Papo figures as well. This past year, I really started collecting heavily from Papo, CollectA and Safari LTD, including some of the classic Carnegie figures, mostly for nostalgia. My oldest son just recently became interested in dinosaurs as well, so of course, I'm totally capitalizing on that while I can!

This post is the combined collection of his and mine.

PART 1

Cretaceous Crab

PART 2

Cretaceous Crab

Part 3

....and this doesn't include the huge drawer of cheapo "derpasaurs" my son has.

suspsy

Those repaints are very spiffy! How come the poor WS T. rex didn't get any love?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: suspsy on February 18, 2018, 05:13:22 PM
Those repaints are very spiffy! How come the poor WS T. rex didn't get any love?

*updated response* You're referring to the brown one attacking the striped Edmontosaurus. I'm actually recreating the species in Ricardo Delgado's The Journey. In it, the T. rex is brownish and tan (similar to a lioness, as most of the other species in the series are colored like African megafauna). But if you notice, I actually re-colored the eyes yellow; they were initially red.

Cretaceous Crab

The bath toys

and some WIP repaints I have

...and I have a Beasts of the Mesozoic raptor kit and a PREY Collection Carnotaurus WIP as well.

Shonisaurus

The repainted figures of Safari make those figures show a fun look, among others I highlight the giganotosaurus, saltasaurus and carnotaurus (Carnegie company) and the nigersaurus, edmontosaurus and suchomimus (Safari company) their colors are very colorful and very funny.  ^-^

The rest of the collectible figures are also very good. Magnificent LeviRawl collection I congratulate you!  :)

Roselaar

Excellent! You're quite a gifted repainter, some of those designs are gorgeous. :)

Jose S.M.

Nice collection and cool repaints! I wish could make those kinds of complicated patterns when I paint but I don't trust myself so much with that so I stick to more simple things.

PhilSauria

But if you notice, I actually re-colored the eyes yellow; they were initially red.

I've been meaning to do that to mine and seeing it done on yours has inspired me to wait no longer. Fine collection you and your son have there! You've done well to pick up the Carnegie Diplodocus, that one has eluded me for some time and is still on the wants list. Comes up now and again, but the prices... Thanks for sharing.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on February 18, 2018, 08:16:27 PM
Nice collection and cool repaints! I wish could make those kinds of complicated patterns when I paint but I don't trust myself so much with that so I stick to more simple things.

I was initially intimidated as well when I first started repainting. But with a little practice, it's not as difficult as I thought.

I will say the more intricate colors and markings do take a little more time. And those figures end up being my favorites because more detail went into them.

It also helps to do thumbnails on paper first.

ceratopsian

Halichoeres

Nice collection, and good job on the repaints! :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

very nice and interesting collection!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.