News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about sauropod toys

Started by Dobber, January 10, 2015, 01:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteFor more retro the Schleich is totally worth it :

I'd prefer it more if the tail was dragging on the ground >:D That's why Horizon's Apatosaurus is the ultimate retro sauropod for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 12, 2015, 06:52:00 AM

I'd prefer it more if the tail was dragging on the ground >:D That's why Horizon's Apatosaurus is the ultimate retro sauropod for me.

I'm getting one of those soon enough..hope to paint up like the Jonas/Sinclair version.  For a toy..the DinoRiders Brontosaurus should suffice too. ;)

Arul

What is the most scienific accurate sauropod toy ?

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 12, 2015, 07:03:02 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 12, 2015, 06:52:00 AM

I'm getting one of those soon enough..hope to paint up like the Jonas/Sinclair version.  For a toy..the DinoRiders Brontosaurus should suffice too. ;)

Or the Invicta!

Dobber

Man, you guys are killing me! Lol!

So, I've decided to get the Papo Brach/Giraffatitan (I can forgive Papo's inaccuracies due to beautiful presentation). The Carnegie Diplodicus, Brach, and Amargosaurus. Finally, I'll finish with the Papo Apatosaurus...though I may cave in and get the WS one too!  ;). Any idea of a release date for the Papo Apatosaurus?

I am an experienced model builder, though I have focused on aircraft and Sci fi my whole life, and am new too painting wild life / figures.  I have been working on the Pegasus Rex and repainting and slightly modifying the big Sega Dino King Rex and have been getting better with painting "living" subjects so I'll probably give it a crack with the some of these too....possible the WS Apatosaur.

Please keep the pics comming! It is feeding my new addiction!  :))

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

triceratops83

I wouldn't expect the Papo Apatosaurus to rock up in the first half of the year. They usually take a while.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dobber

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 12, 2015, 01:48:07 PM
I wouldn't expect the Papo Apatosaurus to rock up in the first half of the year. They usually take a while.

Ok thanks  ;)

I have the CollectA Feathered Tyrannosaurus and new presentation Spinosaurus to hold me over in the next few months.....hopefully! :P

Chris

Dobber

Since I brought it up, I thought I'd show a picture of my Pegasus Rex. It's my first real attempt of painting a Dinosaur, so forgive me if it stinks!  :-[ I'm not one of our local masters but I will say the pictures are not catching a lot of the subtle tones that are all over the body and head.  >:( the base and baby Triceratops are very early in the painting process. Appropriate thread and additional pictures here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3002.0

Chris

Arul

Sorry Dobber i think you go to the wrong thread..

Concavenator

The really stand outs if you want an amazing sauropod collection,for me,are:
Wait for the Papo Apatosaurus,this guy will be out soon.
The Battat Amargasaurus
The Carnegie Brachiosaurus
The CollectA Diplodocus

Dobber

I just saw the Toywave Diplodicus  review on the Dino toy blog home page. That looks pretty nice too. I really like its color scheme. More so than the colors on the Carnegie version.

Chris

mpchi

My top picks would be:

Papo Brachiosaurus
Papo Apatosaurus (upcoming)
Wild Safari Nigersaurus
CollectA Ampelosaurus

They are some of the best examples of their toyline, whether you are a sauropods fan or not.

amargasaurus cazaui

I hadnt seen anyone say much but I did want to just throw it out there in case they were missed, however the Kaiyodo dinotales sauropods while small are stunning...Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus and Apatosaurus in particular are very strong sculpts and quite easy on the eye and wallet. Nice thing is you can also get the skeleton version for each if that sort of thing suits you
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.