News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What Prehistoric Mammals Deserve Toys?

Started by suspsy, December 25, 2014, 03:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypsi

I have a degree in Equine Science and would LOVE to see some prehistoric equine figures.
I don't have a particular favorite, I'd be happy with anything.

I've seen a couple Eohippus figures, but never can find them for sale.

CityRaptor

Horses should sell, given how popular their modern forms are as figures...and that is not even including the monster forms, like Pegasi, Unicorns and Winged Unicorns/Pegacorns/Alicorns.....and My little Ponies...

We could also get one in a "Pristichampsus with Prey" figure
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinosaurana

I'd just be happier with any Ground Sloth. There's an incredible range of species with distinct shapes and sizes. And some more of the Cenezoic reptiles wouldn't be bad either.

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 07, 2015, 07:39:58 PM
Quote from: Dino Master on January 07, 2015, 06:11:39 PM
Glyptodonts: There' surprisingly little of these, and a variety under the sun for them. Plus they could be more durable.
The Schleich one is quite good.

Chalicotheres: An interesting animal family, and playability is higher. CollectA is making a Moropus, but I'd like to see more.
I have the Bullyland reissue and I plan to get the CollectA´s. But to have higher playability we need it to have articulated arms.

Eobasilus/Uintatherum: There hasn't been a new model in ages, and is an excellent figure for kids and collectors. Six 'horns' and saber teeth should be a good seller.
The GeoWorld Eobasilus was 2014 release. Is not the best one, but is the most recent and not as bad.

(Italics are mine)

I have Schelich's Glyptodon and Wild Safari's Dodicerus, but I'm always up for more. The Eobasilus isn't one I'd like to have honestly, while others by Geoworld are catching my eye. A good CollectA or Safari would just make my day.

suspsy

Eremotherium would be great, but I'd still prefer Megatherium. And for a change, I'd like to see it with light-coloured fur. Every single depiction of it I've ever seen has been coloured standard reddish-brown. Give us something similar to this:

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs43/200H/i/2009/063/c/0/Tree_Sloth_by_kpooka17.jpg
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on January 22, 2015, 01:42:45 AM
Eremotherium would be great, but I'd still prefer Megatherium. And for a change, I'd like to see it with light-coloured fur. Every single depiction of it I've ever seen has been coloured standard reddish-brown. Give us something similar to this:

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs43/200H/i/2009/063/c/0/Tree_Sloth_by_kpooka17.jpg

We should go all out, with the ground sloth Thalassocnus. By the end of their evolutionary lineage, they were fully aquatic! Earlier ones were semi-aquatic...

EmperorDinobot

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.