News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

High end articulated dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, January 21, 2015, 08:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

The Resaurus Carnage figures were great, but it was really annoying how none of the theropods could stand without the aid of a stand. And since they lacked ankle articulation, there was really only one pose you could put them in anyway.

I'm surprised no major company has taken another stab at it since.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Deinonychus and Velociraptor had some good pose options..but the joints just weren't tight enough to hold them up in them :

I ended up hanging mine by fishing line just over a shelf.

I have a pack of 4 Rexes in a dio..I'll have to take a pic of them. They are all the same figure but different poses of them made a good pack scene.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2015, 07:47:50 PM
[...]
I have a pack of 4 Rexes in a dio..I'll have to take a pic of them. They are all the same figure but different poses of them made a good pack scene.
Please do it, show us the posing options.
I haven't been lucky enought to get that Carnage dinos at fair price.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tanystropheus

Didn't Revoltech release a version 2 of the T-rex?

CityRaptor

They did. Legacy of Revoltech T-Rex:

Although it is no longer considered a JP figure, hence the different head...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I'd like to see someone tackle an articulated sauropod. One with a neck and tail that can be posed in multiple ways.

Dobber

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 24, 2015, 01:06:56 AM
They did. Legacy of Revoltech T-Rex:

Although it is no longer considered a JP figure, hence the different head...

Just paid for mine from HLJ. Should be shipping to me soon. I can do a review if no one else bought one or will.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

one of the best things were they averaged only 10-15.00 each and if you look they resemble the JP Rex more than the JW toys do. lol

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

©Julius T. Csotonyi

suspsy

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

that are Tamiya rexen,,aren't they??
The Return Of The Mammoth's

CityRaptor

Actually those are Carnage Resaurus Rexes. I have Giganotosaurus and Velociraptor from that line.

Dioramas like those are pretty much the reason why I mainly collected articulated figures and extras of those in the past. But due to space, I sold off my extra figures...

There is another articulated figure: The Animorphs Tri-rex
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tri-Rex
I used to have that one. As you can see it has some obvious flaws...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fluffysaurus

Well hope there Will be more of them in the near future. Dont understand how licenses work.
Asked bluefin today too. Just spamming them till they give awnsers hahaha. The Revtech looks cool, but its not what i hope that Will be. I had the JP one. Till my cat decided to play with it :(. Rex pack looks cool!! Wonder how much Geene's Will be. Hope he does Some articulated Pterosaurs too.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Cammy

I highly recommend the Walking With Dinosaurs 3D figures if you can still find them. The Gorgosaurus is so well articulated (except for the tail, unfortunately) you can put him in some really striking poses. I have two of them standing beside each other, posed differently, and they are by-far the coolest looking toys in my extremely toy-laden home. It's a shame the other figures aren't really to scale with each other, but they all have more articulation than regular dinosaur figures and don't look unrealistic at all.

Dinomike

I second Cammy on the WWD 3D Gorgosaurus! It's a stunning model!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Playing with this figure in last half hour. Very interesting figure  :D this is wwd gorgo medium size

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2015, 01:42:59 AM
I'd like to see someone tackle an articulated sauropod. One with a neck and tail that can be posed in multiple ways.

Definitely Dinosaurs and Tyco did some articulated sauropods. Not super-articulated, though.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: