News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Alexxitator sculpting

Started by Alexxitator, December 29, 2014, 11:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

Hey all. This is my second thread about my own art. But the first one has some missing images and stuff so I decided to create a new thread with all images in Photobucket, as that seems to work much better.
In this first post I will place pictures of all I have done up until now.

My very first child was this Iguonodon type guy. Do not linger on the inaccurate paws and the fact he could use some more meat on his bones.  ;)

Next there was my cotylorhynchus

My Diplocaulus was my third sculpt ever.

Then I decided to create a mate for my Safari Suchomimus, this is one I have never showed here yet. I am not entirely happy with the paint yet, and his neck could of been a bit longer. Overall I am not unhappy with him.

Next up is my attempt at a Rapetosaurus. This one is a project dubium now, because it never finished so far. But who knows.

Then I traded for a Leptoceratops with Roselaar and this little guy inspired a whole family that is still a work in progress. These guys are in the same scale as the Safari piece, and the child-sized ones are a challenge, but so much fun to make. And yes, the one on his back is supposed to be on his back.

Next there is my unfinished Cryptoclidus on a finished base. Work in progress it is.

My Argentinosaurus-based holiday piece. Made this without much research but am pretty pleased with it.

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Manatee

Your sculpts are very good; I especially like the Leptoceratops, Diplocaulus,and, most of all, the Cotylorhynchus. Non-Dimetrodon pelycosaurs are quite a rarity in the prehistoric collecting world, and it's nice to see you made such a good one.

spinosaurus1

i really need to start sculpting again. this is wonderful work

triceratops83

Beautiful work, you're very talented. I love that Leptoceratops.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Alexxitator

Cryptoclidus is finished. I am not entirely convinced about the colourscheme, but overall I am quite pleased.
If anyone has a hint for sharp teeth on a 16 cm model like this, I'm all ears. These are feather barbs.

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Arul

Halichoeres

Looks really good. That tooth question has me pondering. If you have wire cutters, maybe you could trim the tips off of a bait-fishing rig (one of those multi-hook rigs that's meant to trail a "school" of minnows through the water). Probably a good fishing supply place would sell you just the hooks, because lots of anglers like to build their own rigs.Then just a coat of paint on the metal. I'm no sure though, that might still be too large.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

I really like the color scheme on this guy. for teeth, depending on size I make them out of Aves Apoxie first and insert them into the clay of larger models. For smaller ones, I attach tiny pieces and use a fine tool to smooth and shape it.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Alexxitator

Thanks for all the kind words on this latest, and my previous projects.
Although I like the fish-hook-idea (and I may explore it later for some extra nasty looking beastie) I for now am going to be looking for some sort of dremel-like tool for creating those pointers. See where that gets me. Interesting idea!
-Charles Darwin-

Everything_Dinosaur

Good stuff, especially the Diplocaulus.

Dinomike

That Cryptoclidus is cool! I really like the colors!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.