You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

Scutosaurus' Horde of Prehistoric Trinkets

Started by Manatee, December 27, 2014, 01:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

So, here's my collection. In time, I will add closeup shots of the three shelves, but for now, here's some wide shots of my Ornithischia, Saurischia, and non-dinosaur wall displays.
And yes, my wall is blue.

My entire display.

A "closeup," if you could call it that, of my non-dinosaur shelf.

A picture more focused on the Ornithischia shelf, showcasing my favorite model: the Fauna Casts Parasaurolophus tubicen.

And lastly, a picture focused more on my overcrowded Saurischia shelf, though still capturing most of the ornithischians.

And that concludes my collection, unless you count the chinasaur Triceratops I keep outside of my shelves that will not be displayed here.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

triceratops83

You've got great taste, they're all good figures. Where do you get Faunacasts from these days?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Manatee

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 27, 2014, 05:06:41 AM
You've got great taste, they're all good figures. Where do you get Faunacasts from these days?
The P. tubicen was in stock at Dan's Dinosaurs; unfortunately, since Malcolm is quite inactive at this time, Dan probably isn't receiving a new stock any time soon. Also, my specific model was retired.

Roselaar

Excellent collection. The Parasaurolophus looks magnificent.

Arul

Is that carnegie velociraptor ? Im very curious with that figure   :D

Manatee

Quote from: ARUL on December 27, 2014, 05:54:27 PM
Is that carnegie velociraptor ? Im very curious with that figure   :D
Yes, it is. I highly recommend it if you can get past the tripod pose and lack of primary feathers. The only other good Velociraptor figure I know of is the Favorite.

Concavenator

Gorgeous collection,that Carnegie Velociraptor stands out nicely  ;)

Dinomike

Great collection!  The Parasaurolophus really dominates the bunch with its presence!  My walls are turquoise!  Will post pics one day...:)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Fofer

amazing collection! the postosuchus in the rock is superb!

Tallin

I notice a nice Dilophosaurus looking beastie on the top right - what make is that one? :) Superb collection by the way!

Manatee

The green one, if that's the one you're referring to, is the Battat Cryolophosaurus. The red one behind it is the Safari Monolophosaurus.

Tallin

Ah yes, It looked like the cryo had two crests in the photo! That's a battat I may have to acquire at some point...

Manatee

Hello! It has been quite some time since I've updated this thread, but I have still accumulated a sizable number of dinosaurs and other assorted primeval paraphernalia over the past year or so. My apologies for the horrible cell phone picture quality; I'm not a professional photographer like some of you on here.

Shelf column number 1. Saurischians and non-dinosaurian figures have been switched around, and the numbers of all three shelves have grown. The CollectA Guidraco absolutely dominates my collection!

Some of the saurischians. I got the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus last year and it really stands out, even in the back of the display.

The rest of the first saurischian shelf. I'm probably going to get a CollectA Spinosaurus soon enough (if they could sort out their distributor issues in the US), but I think I'll keep the Carnegie around, both for contrast and for the fact that it looks great.

Some ornithischians. The Fauna Cast Parasaurolophus continues to take center stage. It's easily my favorite figure I own, and certainly my rarest.

More ornithischians: the old Battat Parasaurolophus joins its Fauna Cast kin! This picture is particularly bad.

Entelodonts, proboscideans, ichthyosaurs, and a very notable pterosaur.

More non-dinosaurian stuff. No, my Liopleurodon does not have an orange mohawk.

I'll post the second column of shelves soon, if only for the fact that this post is already massive. I'll also maybe replace the pictures with better ones, but they'll still display the same content.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.